The new contrast miracle for £579 incl delivery

nero0410

Distinguished Member
To all of you dealing with Laskys for the first time---:)

I have used Laskys before for buying a Philips DVD player. Within 2 days of ordering they rang me up saying that stock is due and you are going to get it 2 days after the scheduled date. And i got it on time...

It was good to see a customer service representative calling up to notify the delay...... The DVD player was packed well.

I am a satisfied Laskys customer.....

Hope that helps:thumbsup: but I cannot help you in the anxiety all of you are going thorugh...:D

Cyberheater and some others will be the first to get their hands on it i suppose...

Was that before or after you were sent an email stating that the item was dispatched?

tris

EDIT: One question I forgot to ask, is there any risk of 'screen burn' on a DLP? or are they like lcd projectors that dont seem to suffer?
I'm presuming not.

yoghurt

I am still dithering about this! My problem may be the throw (and the Missus!)

If I have read the Projectorcentral calculator correctly,my Toshiba MT 200 has a throw distance of 16.5 to 20 ft for a 100' screen and this Sharp has 12 to 19ft-could someone kindly tell me if that sounds correct pleas?

I noticed you may get 2.5% off the Laskys price via Quidco too!

People have been referring to the stock levels ie 3 left etc-where is that on the screen?

Cheers

cyberheater

f I have read the Projectorcentral calculator correctly,my Toshiba MT 200 has a throw distance of 16.5 to 20 ft for a 100' screen and this Sharp has 12 to 19ft-could someone kindly tell me if that sounds correct pleas?

According to projectorcentral. For a 100inch diagonal 16:9 screen. The throw distance is between 10ft and 11.6 ft.

The MT200 is between 16.5ft and 19.7ft.

yoghurt

Arse!
Yes you are right Cyberheater (I think I was looking at the wrong Sharp model)
Oh Well-I will keep looking for my next upgrade to HD

Good luck to all those people who have ordered-it does sound brilliant

Cheers

wizard of oz1

I have tried to connect my Geforce 7900 GTO graphic card to Z3000 via DVI-HDMI cable but I have no response from the projector. I am using nview and software recognize it (Sharp) on dualview but when you switch on single view to view Windows on projector, I do get no reponse at all. VGA to VGA connection works fine but obviously I would like to use pure digital connection to maximize its quality. Is there anyone who has any idea sorting out this problem?:confused::confused:

Thanks.

dj

Bigpockets have some of these - new for 460 pounds.

Is this a better purchase than an Optoma hd-65 or Yamaha-dpx830 which I have been looking at to replace my Benq PE5120?

pal

Novice Member
Many thanks...I missed out on these when they were going for £599 last year.

They have 4 in stock.. have ordered mine.:thumbsup:

Those who might be interested there is an XVZ 10000 for sale as well at £520
Remember these were £10,000 when they first came out

cyberheater

Many thanks...I missed out on these when they were going for £599 last year.

They have 4 in stock.. have ordered mine.:thumbsup:

Those who might be interested there is an XVZ 10000 for sale as well at £520
Remember these were £10,000 when they first came out

Thank you very much. I've just ordered the XVZ 10000.

pal

Novice Member
Congrats Cyberheater....it was a close call, whether to go for the xvz10000, could not decide. I wondered whether it was better to go with a newer pj, rather than something from 2002.
I believe you had a xvz3000 - so i will await your report as to whether it is better despite slightly older technology.

I expect the fact that it probably has better optics will make up for the fact that the 3000 has the HD2+ (DC2) chip.

cyberheater

Congrats Cyberheater....it was a close call, whether to go for the xvz10000, could not decide. I wondered whether it was better to go with a newer pj, rather than something from 2002.
I believe you had a xvz3000 - so i will await your report as to whether it is better despite slightly older technology.

I expect the fact that it probably has better optics will make up for the fact that the 3000 has the HD2+ (DC2) chip.

I stuck to my Xv-Z3000 mate. On reflection, I just can't get past the amazing image it gives out and the blacks area really good. Definitely one of the Kings of 720p projection.

Glad to see the XV-Z3000 at a good price. I was really tempted to pick up another one as a spare.

dj

I did not dither and put an order in on Friday, it has already dispatched and should arrive on Monday.

I just hope it impresses me as much as my Benq PE5120 has over it's life time, it will allow me to start watching all the HD-DVD's I have been purchasing in 720p on the big screen.

I hope the noise is not too bad, given some of the reviews it is a little on the load side.

jacko5

Thank you very much. I've just ordered the XVZ 10000.
Wow! that sounds like the bargain of the decade never mind the year.
I don't know anything about the XV-Z10000. can you tell us something about it? How does the spec compare to the XV-Z3000? or is it more comparable to the XV-Z12000 presumably given the original selling price.

jacko5

Wow! that sounds like the bargain of the decade never mind the year.
I don't know anything about the XV-Z10000. can you tell us something about it? How does the spec compare to the XV-Z3000? or is it more comparable to the XV-Z12000 presumably given the original selling price.
OK, I've Googled the Sharp XV-Z10000. It appears to be a DC2 version of the later XV-Z12000 DC3. It should be a fine projector, especially at that money, it originally retailed at $11,000 in the USA.

dj

My one is going back, it was not new but graded stock repacked.

Given the cost of a new bulb and not knowing how the current one had been treated I did not feel it was worth keeping.

cyberheater

My one is going back, it was not new but graded stock repacked.

Given the cost of a new bulb and not knowing how the current one had been treated I did not feel it was worth keeping.

I don't blame you. I would do the same.

pal

Novice Member
I should have done the same.

It seems bulb has failed. Given that i only bought this a few weeks ago, what are my rights against Bigpockets.co.uk?
Can i get a new bulb or money back?

cyberheater

It seems bulb has failed. Given that i only bought this a few weeks ago, what are my rights against Bigpockets.co.uk?

You need to check what warranty you got with the machine but i'd be kicking up a huge fuss.

If it was sold as new then your entitled to a new bulb.

wizard of oz1

I am sure that the projector comes with 3 months bulb guarantee which should have come inside the package.

Jonstone

I watched National Treasure 2 on blu ray last night on my pj, this being the first blu ray I have watched since setting up my 4x2 matrix switch feeding my monitor downstairs and my projector upstairs.

I have my PS3 set to output blu ray at 24 fps but when I am watching on the projector I have its output also set to 720p.

So I had my PS3 displaying on both screens at the same time last night, but when I put a blu ray in the projector flicked off for a second then displayed the film (like you would expect for a resolution change when connected over hdmi) but the monitor displayed that the input signal was out of range. If I turn off 24 fps playback on the PS3 both screens displayed the film.

The only conclusion I can come to from this is that the PS3 is sending out a 720p24 signal that the projector can handle but the monitor can't. When the film ended I watched the end credits very closely and there was definitely no noticeable pulldown judder either which leads me to believe that the projector may be capable of a refresh rate that makes use of a 24 fps feed.

Can anyone else come up with a diferrent explanation because atm I am convinced that the PS3 is outputting 720p24 and that the pj is accepting it and handling it properly to eliminate judder although I didn't believe that either was possible but its hard to ignore what I see

Jonstone

Ok played around with this a bit more this morning and I can confirm that the projector won't display 1080p60 from a PS3 properly (the image is there but badly distorted) but it will display 1080p24 from a blu ray and from what I can see does so without judder.

I always assumed it couldn't as when you fire up the PS3 in 1080p mode it is garbled, never thought to try playing a blu ray disk at 24fps but now I have and can confirm it definitely does it

wizard of oz1

Ok played around with this a bit more this morning and I can confirm that the projector won't display 1080p60 from a PS3 properly (the image is there but badly distorted) but it will display 1080p24 from a blu ray and from what I can see does so without judder.

I always assumed it couldn't as when you fire up the PS3 in 1080p mode it is garbled, never thought to try playing a blu ray disk at 24fps but now I have and can confirm it definitely does it
Excellent news Jonstone.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Apple unveils MacBook Pros for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Apple launches third generation AirPods with spatial audio
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PrimaLuna debuts Evo 300 Hybrid integrated amplifier