1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Adventures Of Spider-Man: Season One (Special Edition)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Lex, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Has anyone seen the New Adventures Of Spider-Man here?

Has it been on UK TV? It was released last month on R1, but I had never heard of it before until I stumbled across it on Amazon - apparently it is an MTV production. Sounds very interesting...

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,211
    I have seen the series and it was better than the last series that was set off world and was very jumbled, but it is not a patch on the long running series shown on the BBC from 1994 for about 5 seires till its first end of series cliff-hanger but never came back.

Of the series it sort of starts with the end of the movie but all of the Peter and mates are back at collage but Harry hates Spider-Man for well that’s a spoiler from the movie.
    Some of the villains he is up against are very lame. The graphics take a lot of getting use to as well they are computer rendered and give sort of the effect of 2D in a 3D world. I think there was a game out like this where you skated round spray painting everything.
    If I was giving it marks out of 10 I would give it.6 just.

If you like comic book heroes look out for the JLA DVD but unfortunately they are short but very good.

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah I like the Justice League...

Also all the Animated Batman DVDs are available for around £5 from DVDsoon or DVDPacific :smashin:

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,211
    Lex if you have Sky they was being shown on an endless loop on Nickelodeon on a Saturday morning at am and repeated on Nick + an hour later. The series sort of starts mid story and ends mid story which was confusing when I started watching near the end, and wondered why one story ended one way and the next weeks was starting different, I thought I missed one or they had cut one out. :confused:

5. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks - I will take a look at nickelodeon - I think they show the odd cartoon or two inbetween all the adverts! :rolleyes: :D

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,211
    :( Bad news Lex I have just had a look at tomorrow’s listings and it looks as though they have finished it. It has been running back to back for well over 4 months and I know it was on only on about 2 weeks ago. Look out for it turning up on the early morning show on the BBC on Saturday and ITV on Sat and Sunday they seem to get Spider-man and X-Men stuff after the others have finished with them.