The New 007

stevegreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clive Owen has been announced as the new 007 to take over from Pierce Brosnan.

Not a bad choice but........

I still think Robbie Williams would make an excellent James Bond :D

What about Adam Chance from Crossroads. Or Ross Kemp playing a bald angry version?

This is good news - I'm not overly familiar with Clive Owen but he was good in The Bourne Identity. Anyway, I've never liked Slimy Brosnan and it's about time he packed it in.

I think theres better people around but he might no be to terrible, better than Christian Bale how was tipped to get it. I always wanted to see Rupert Everett as James Bond.:D

Thought Brosnan said he wouldn’t mind doing an other one.

I'm holding out for our very own Bob to realise his ambition as 007 :D

I needed to put a face to the name so here it is to save anyone else having to look:)

Attachments

• new bond.jpg
    new bond.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 280
Clive Owen will be better than Christian Bale I think (anyone who saw Bale in Reign of Fire will endorse that). Check out The Croupier for Owen in leading role - not a bad little flick.

PS
Show your age - anyone remember him from ITV series called Chancer? Sort of a follow on from their earlier Capital City series about pretentious traders in the city.

Is his announcement official or just rumoured?

I think Bond in the nineties has been lousy! Sean Connery was a real hard man, and that's the way Bond should be! Maybe Clive Owen will be good - he reminds me of Timothy Dalton, he has that sort of dark edge. I always thought Gary Oldman would be a great Bond - a real hard nut case! ;)

Gary Oldman? I liked Timothy Dalton actually, Pierce was good as Remington Steel but I never thought he made a good James Bond ...

But Robin Williams!? Out of the question ... !

I like Brosnan he has a air menace about him, in particular when he loses his rag. Best bond for me since sean. Shame about David Arnolds music though it's to weak.

Originally posted by mikey
Wild Card: Hugh Grant
I can't remember Bond ever having to pay for his ladies :D :D

A chart of my favourite Bonds would have to be

1- Connery
2- Dalton
3= Brosnan / Moore (different styles both good but not comparible)
5- Lazenby (although if he had made more films after the good OHMSS he would have been higher)

Originally posted by stevegreen
Clive Owen has been announced as the new 007 to take over from Pierce Brosnan.

Not a bad choice but........

I still think Robbie Williams would make an excellent James Bond :D

This is complete news to me as last I heard Brosnan is signed on for the next one after Die Another Day ( let it be over soon god please!)

whats your source

Originally posted by Mr.D

This is complete news to me as last I heard Brosnan is signed on for the next one after Die Another Day ( let it be over soon god please!) whats your source
Have you been working on this one then?:)

yes still am and sick to death of it to be honest (since Dec 01)

I really hope that the Robbie Williams suggestion was a joke.

Jesus - if they ever did that, then they might as well consider Jamie Oliver has his successor....both annoying, talentless, wannabe's who should just f.............

Must calm down....doctor told me not to think about either of these two.

:mad:
;)

i hope Robbie Williams NEVER becomes bond.......that would just be so bad....

I think it would be BEYOND bad, and edging towards bowell-clenchingly awful.

The "zany", "cheeky" ex-double-glazing-salesman-from-Stoke-turned-manufactured-boy-band-member-turned-"respectable"-manufactured-solo-artist playing Jimmy B...NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!

Blood....pressure.....rising....must....cease....and....desist.

I mean - I know that James Bond doesn't exactly have any "credibility" anymore (if, indeed it ever had any), but I still like the movies...they're like settling into an old armchair - you know what you're gonna get - it ain't original (only the stunts/actors/locations change), but it's a constant - putting that little oxygen-thief in the role would mean one less guilty pleasure for me to enjoy.

Choices for Bond

Now: Hugh Jackman (Wolverine from X-Men)

5 years time: Jude Law (once beefed up)

I can see the appeal of Clive Owen, but feel the series needs to get back closer to Fleming's creation.

Dalton didn't have ladykiller looks, but I did belive that this was a trained asassin who took no pleasure in his job (unless warranted).

Hopefully with the new 12a cinema rating we will get to see "real" fisticuffs as in the recent Bourne Identity.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom