Question The Netflix and SkyQ question (Sorry I did search but can't find the right answer)

philaitman

Oh Forum Oracles/Wise ones :)
So I've done cancellation dance and will getting my aging and noisy Sky+HD box replaced with a Sky Q 1TB box with Ultra HD (free install, less than half what I was already paying). Except I'm only subscribing to the Sky Signature + HD as what Sky has in UHD isn't to my taste. I do however have an existing Netflix Netflix Premium UHD plan which I use a lot and that costs me £11:99 a month.
So, can I integrate this with my Sky sub and save money but still have access to Netflix UHD on my AppleTV and built in LG TV App without taking the UHD option from Sky? (I appreciate Netflix on the Q box may be limited to HD/none HDR but I'm ok with that as long as I still have that on the other devices)

dts

Distinguished Member
Sky were doing a deal for Netflix for £3 per month,but I think if that’s if you had the mulitscreen uhd subscription...that what I had done and that was for 18 months.

samtman

This is direct from the Sky website.

Add the Sky HD pack to watch Netflix in HD (with Netflix Standard), and Sky Ultra HD pack to watch Netflix in Ultra HD (with Netflix Premium).

Russ_64

Yes, you can. You will need to call Sky to add the Ultimate TV add-on. I pay £6 pm for Netflix UHD and I can still use my TV and ATV4K to watch Netflix, just tell Sky what your current Netflix email ID is. It will be switched over that you pay Sky instead.

Sky are currently offering Netflix UHD for £4 a month.

philaitman

Thanks for the reply's everyone. I guess in my need to post I made a simple question overly complex :)
I have SKYQ HD (not Ultra HD) and Netflix Ultimate (UHD) If it transfer my Netflix account to Sky as it stands will my Netflix Sub be downgraded to HD only?

choddo

Yes I believe so. Not sure there’s any point transferring it either. Just login on the box. You’ll only get HD but you’ll still get 4k on other devices.

Russ_64

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom