1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Mysterious Philips 9528

Discussion in 'TVs' started by treefrog, Aug 28, 2003.

1. treefrog

treefrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi

I wondered if anybody knows where I might get some info on the Philips 9528. Only one shop in Britain appear to sell it(no chance of any information there), Philips have no reference to it on their site and I have yet to find a review. From playing in the shop I have found that as well as having Dolby Pro Logic it also has Movie Plus which implies that it may be newer than the 9527.
    Any information would be appreciated, especially how long it has been out.
    If you have one and think that its great then that would be splendid news.

Mark

2. anothergo

anothergo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    saw one in Commet today, they say its a later model than 32pw9527

3. oregon

oregon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, the 32PW9528 is a direct replacement for the 32PW9527. Essentially, it's the same TV as the more expensive 32PW9618 only without Dolby Digital decoding and the wireless rear speakers. They'll be available as an optional extra to support the onboard Dolby Pro Logic you've already mentioned.

I haven't seen any reviews either (it's a very recent release), but the main differences between the 9527 and the new version is the inclusion of Movie Plus and the expanded Active Control system. There's also a possibility that the new model may include one of Philips' own picture tubes (Cybertube) instead of the Panasonic variety normally used in Pixel Plus sets. These are frowned upon by many on this forum (to say the least!) but seem to work quite well in Panasonic's own TV's.

Philips do have the TV listed on their (Irish) site which you can reach here.

4. treefrog

treefrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Cheers for the info, its sounding quite promising

5. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AFAIK all 32" 9257s were supplied with Philips tubes. It was the 36" versions that had Panny tubes.

However, the new 36" P+ sets will be supplied with a newly developed Philips tube from September - according to they in this thread