The MW2 Patch/Fixes/Updates Thread (Latest Patch 12/02/10)

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
New fixes inbound:

We've updated the PC version of Modern Warfare 2, including the following fixes:

- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Fix for "infinite care package" exploit.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and 'elevators'.
- Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency. (PC-ONLY)
- Fixes to prevent various texture (PC-ONLY) and XP hacks.

These fixes, excluding the ones I've labeled as (PC-ONLY), are currently in test for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions as well. Before you ask why there is a delay from PC to consoles, it's because we can update IW-NET directly and therefore the fastest. The console versions require additional testing through their respective manufacturers.
Infinity Ward

Twitter pages

Infinity Ward (InfinityWard) on Twitter

Robert Bowling (fourzerotwo) on Twitter

Friday 12 February 2010 - An update was released that fixes the infinite Care Package and Emergency Airdrop glitch, stops you from running faster when holding the Care Package/Emergency Airdrop marker, and reduces the effectiveness of akimbo shotguns with certain Perks selected (makes them the same as a previous update did without certain Perks selected). Apparently the delay for this update compared to the PS3 equivalent was to include other fixes, plus it had to go through Microsoft's certification process.

Tuesday 30 March 2010 - A title update for the new Stimulus Map Pack and a change to the One Man Army Perk, but I don't know what this change is, I assume it will stop you from selecting classes with One Man Army so you can't have infinite ammo.

http://fourzerotwo.com/2010/03/29/modern-warfare-2-update-march-30th/

Friday 2 April - Help improve matchmaking:

http://blogs.msdn.com/xblops/archive/2010/04/02/modern-warfare-2-matchmaking-update.aspx

Friday 23 April - Modern Warfare 2 Matchmaking Update - The Speed of Light Edition:

http://blogs.msdn.com/xblops/archiv...making-update-the-speed-of-light-edition.aspx

Last edited:

RobinTripp

Have they ever said why the thought it was a god idea to program the "Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed" as they did?

It seems like a silly mistake to make.

Det

Distinguished Member
Have they ever said why the thought it was a god idea to program the "Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed" as they did?

It seems like a silly mistake to make.
Wasn't a mistake. It was intended to let the holders get to a safe spot to use it quicker. The ability to knife was to be used as a last resort while making your way to that safe spot. It was exploited and used as a regular killing machine hence the nerf to it.

Only 3 people can have a canister out at any given time on both teams so if you're running against a canister runner, kill him and get 3 people on your team to hold canisters and **** the guy off, lol.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Good to see they are addressing it.

I wonder what the next glitch thats found will be? :rolleyes:

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I am sure this was posted last week, cant find the post now :confused:

I know this is live on PC but no news at all when it will be applied on the 360.

IW Comms really are terrible :thumbsdow

Deftones

markie g

Distinguished Member
They need to fix the shotguns attachment for weapons the range is ridiculous! Worse than the models used to be!

brumhee

Distinguished Member
Detrimental2u said:
Wasn't a mistake. It was intended to let the holders get to a safe spot to use it quicker. The ability to knife was to be used as a last resort while making your way to that safe spot. It was exploited and used as a regular killing machine hence the nerf to it.

Only 3 people can have a canister out at any given time on both teams so if you're running against a canister runner, kill him and get 3 people on your team to hold canisters and **** the guy off, lol.

The ability to run to a safe place is a lame excuse for getting caught out for bad programming.

There is no need to run around with the cannister. If you are trying to call it in the find a safe place, then press right on d pad and call it in. The game doesn't force you to carry it around once you achieve it.

IW have realised they look crap and are trying to cover it up as best they can.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
So once this patch goes live are there any more glitches that are known that are still not patched, or will it be 'fixed'?

I dont really keep up with it but i dont know of any more, the 'infinite care package' is the latest i know of.

Det

Distinguished Member
They need to fix the shotguns attachment for weapons the range is ridiculous! Worse than the models used to be!
It does terrible damage though.

25 damage per pellet (shooting 6 pellets) up to 12 meters at which the spread is already terrible and after the 12 meters the damage significantly decreases. The most useless shotgun in the game. You're better off using a shotgun as your secondary.

campy mccamper

Lets hope this is out soon ffa and tdm was raining care packages last night.
Theres talk on that hacking forum that people with jtag consoles have been able to manipulate the code for kill streaks,only have not released the code to the masses yet. If it's true then i am sure it will only be a matter of time.

Lalonde

Did they ever do away with the shoot a spiralling helicopter to get cold blooded pro real quick?

I saw a vid of that the other week.

Not that I need it - I might add. :) Got major satisfaction from using the Stinger when i eventually unlocked it.

JamesMalin

I know this does sound silly but why are there these problems to start with?

markie g

Distinguished Member
I know this does sound silly but why are there these problems to start with?
Thats the way programming works. It's hard to test everything and every combination... when a bug is fixed it sometimes can effect other parts of the program... i still feel they should of done a public beta a lot of these would of been fixed before the game got released.

JamesMalin

Thats the way programming works. It's hard to test everything and every combination... when a bug is fixed it sometimes can effect other parts of the program... i still feel they should of done a public beta a lot of these would of been fixed before the game got released.

I thought they did do a 'public beta'?

I suppose your right. I can never get my head round all that programming malarky and what goes into producing a game!

it's just anoying that you never really have a complete game where everyone's plays on a level playing field.

Bowders

No console fix news yet from the fourzerotwit's twitter site, or his website (unless you're interested in reading about some competition IGN are running :boring:).

He must be very thick skinned because some of the stuff people send him is, how can I describe it, very sweary and angry. You can see why though, the general level of frustration held by many over this game is incredible.

He also just got asked about the colour blind fix again, which reminds me...

Last edited:

richp007

Distinguished Member
have they still not done that colour blind fix yet? the useless ****ing degenerates. what the hell do they actually get paid for doing?

dare i even write it without risking a Horse-style ban.

*and yes the red mist that once consumed me has suddenly descended again.

Citizen J

No console fix news yet from the fourzerotwit’s twitter site, or his website (unless you’re interesting in reading about some competition IGN are running :boring:).

He must be very thick skinned because some of the stuff people send him is, how can I describe it, very sweary and angry. You can see why though, the general level of frustration held by many over this game is incredible.

He also just got asked about the colour blind fix again, which reminds me...

I don't understand Infiinty Ward sometimes, why is taking them so long to fix these game exploits? It's completely ruining the game, today I was playing HQ on Favela and 3 members of the other team were glitching with the care package exploit. They were making zero attempt to even get the HQ, the whole match they were just glitching. It is so frustrating playing this game at the moment.

Bowders

Jows073 said:
I don't understand Infiinty Ward sometimes, why is taking them so long to fix these game exploits? It's completely ruining the game, today I was playing HQ on Favela and 3 members of the other team were glitching with the care package exploit. They were making zero attempt to even get the HQ, the whole match they were just glitching. It is so frustrating playing this game at the moment.
The pc version has the fixes already (so bound to be some new bugs which we've still got to look forward to), while everyone else is waiting for Microsoft or Sony to approve it for release.

I'm sure everything will get fixed eventually, but it should have never been released without a public beta.

DFN

Standard Member
I've seen a few new glitches over the past couple of days, some of no use but annoying either way. What's sad is that some of these are been held back from going public until after the update so as they won't get patched.

Bowders

I've seen a few new glitches over the past couple of days, some of no use but annoying either way. What's sad is that some of these are been held back from going public until after the update so as they won't get patched.
Could always email them to [email protected], give them a heads up on what other stuff is looming.

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
:rotfl: Agreed

Cant wait until the infinite care packages are sorted, hate people using them

In regards to people picking at IW's coding, i agree it could be better but no games developer has ever had their code used by so many people.

Bowders

rebulous said:
:confused: I thought we *were* in public beta?... :confused:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Certainly feels like that at the moment. I've gone back to CoD4 until they fix these problems.

pmerryman

Standard Member
Well my 360 has just done the RROD for the second time, so hopefully when I get it back, most of the glitches will be sorted, or at least people will be bored of using them.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Google set to launch the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Focal launches Bathys noise-cancelling wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Formovie Theater UST projector hits the UK
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series