1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the musketeer

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by mr chadwick, Mar 1, 2002.

1. mr chadwick

mr chadwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anyone got this new release cos i was looking at it on play this morning and i couldnt help but notice that in the cast list there is one "bill treacher" now i am sure he was arthur fowler in eastenders.i dont think i could handle watching a so called martial arts film with old arthur in it.

can anyone confirm my fears?

cheers lads.

2. philgibson

philgibson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi mrchadwick,

can't help you re. the musketeer i'm afraid, but you reminded me of when i asked a housemate (name withheld) to rent "the mummy" for me from the video shop on the weekend of its vhs release. well, he wasn't the quickest of characters .. and came back with "talos the mummy", which featured a shocking plot and none other than old arthur, who i think got killed by the mummy!
    can't believe we sat and watched it all, .. but the housemate never lived it down.

anyone else seen "talos"?

pg.

3. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,737
    Got this the other day, its allright but nothing to shout about, got some rather unbelievable stunts in it (some look crap as well!) quite good sound, cant say I saw Arthur from Eastenders though unless he was hiding in the background somewhere.

Picture is very dark at times, one to watch with the lights off!

4. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. mieville

mieville

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Arthur runs the inn where D'Artagnan stays.

6. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,737
    Oh! The grubby bloke!:D

7. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,067
    haha..yes that's him..
    I put this on Sunday after getting it from SRS..I fell asleep half way through so I sold it the next day..:)

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,531
    I watched this yesterday afternoon and was more Van Helsing than War and Peace but was quite fun, for an afternoon. Some of the action was good, some way over the top like the first fight he had inn where he went in the beams and was able to fight whist doing impossible acrobatics.
    Not as good as the Gene Kelly or the Michael York versions but still had some charm, the photography was really good, all the locations looked authentic and not like a lot on the back lot of a studio, yes a lot of the scenes where on the dark side but it was if natural lighting was used rather than all over lighting like a lot of films. I was able to see all the action.

Tim Roth came with some brilliant lines, he was trying to get some one to talk and stuck a knife to a little girls throat, then later he wanted someone else to talk and said something like “this time I think I’ll kill a little boy! No a little boy and a nun”.:rotfl: