The Mrs is going to go radio rental.......

ttdriver

Novice Member
Well I have just received my order from Av-sales. In it was an SBS-01 pack with a PB12-NSD.

It is HUGE :D I have telephoned the better half to break the "bad" news.

"Honestly my dear I never knew how big it was".......
:devil:

Moviebuff

You wait until she hears it !!!!! :eek:

Andori

Tell her it could have been a PB13:devil:

jolly

Novice Member
My wife went ape when she saw the size off the SVS PB12-Plus/2 i had delivered from av sales

But as she can not move it here it stays to this day

:D

badbob

Banned
kit:panasonic TH-50PF10,Lumagen Radiance XD,Tag Mclaren AV32 DP,Nad M25,Tag Mclaren DVD32FLR,Tosh EP35HD,Xbox 360,PS3,M&KS150's/SS150's,SVS pb12-plus/2 subwoofer
Just spotted this on ebay- for trade the above, wanted Bose AM-15 and 17" LCD TV

:rotfl:

ttdriver

Novice Member
It has gone not too bad, just a few choice words from her. Hopefully when the stands turn up I will be able to set it all up, then what is she going to say :eek:

Blueye

check out the sub psychology thread:D

jolly

Novice Member
Just spotted this on ebay- for trade the above, wanted Bose AM-15 and 17" LCD TV

:rotfl:
Can't seam to find the thread, might make him an offer

Wonder how the wife would react to 2 in tandem!

:D

jolly

Novice Member

Moviebuff

Badger0-0

Well I have just received my order from Av-sales. In it was an SBS-01 pack with a PB12-NSD.

It is HUGE :D I have telephoned the better half to break the "bad" news.

"Honestly my dear I never knew how big it was".......
:devil:
Good choice :smashin:
Yes they are big, but strangely, do grow on you and you get used to them.

Be sure to let us know what you think of the setup.

ttdriver

Novice Member
Good choice :smashin:
Yes they are big, but strangely, do grow on you and you get used to them.

Be sure to let us know what you think of the setup.
Firstly, thanks for the recommendation mate :smashin:

I am going to write up a mini review in a week or so once everything has settled down and I have watched some films.

One thing I will say is that prior to the SVS I had a KEF 3005 set up. I thought it was pretty good. When I set up the SVS kit initially I was of the opinion " Where is everything?" Now I am starting to realise it is a bit like high end hi-fi with these speakers and sub,

Nothing added falsely just the soundtrack as intended

There is no "Boom and tizz" with these, just a pure soundtrack. Like I say I will post a review when I get a chance (probably after the 13th and my college exams.....)

Oh and the Mrs now quite strangely thinks they are "OK", woman never understand them.....

Badger0-0

:)

I agree that the SVS speakers are not as sharp as the Kef sound, but the treble is still there, no worries. It's just not as (falsely) enhanced as the Kefs. A cleaner, more pure sound is how I think of it.

As for the sub, if you're thinking "Where is everything?", welcome to pure distortion-free bass as opposed to boom :thumbsup:
That one catches a lot of people out :D
And hopefully, if you have a decent setup/room, you can now hear tones in bass music :thumbsup: