The Movie Rooms - News & Customer Comments Thread

ptammaro_3

Hi all,

Apologies to resurrect this old thread but I’m hoping someone would be able to help out.

I purchased my Anthem MRX1120 from the movie rooms just over two years and it now seems to have developed an issue in that it’s switched itself off a handful of times in the last week - twice today.

Fortunately, it’s still under warranty but rather unfortunately, judging by this thread, is that the movie rooms is longer on the go. Which leaves me wondering what I should do. Normally the first point of contact would be the business I purchased from but that doesn’t appear to be an option. I also don’t fancy shipping my unit to Canada to get looked at.

I only met Dan once when I bought the receiver and even took the time to show me around the place which at the time was still being renovated but seemed like a good guy.

Is Dan still at The Sound Counsel and do you think he’d honour the warranty?

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
Yes, I'm sure he would.

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

Apologies to resurrect this old thread but I’m hoping someone would be able to help out.

I purchased my Anthem MRX1120 from the movie rooms just over two years and it now seems to have developed an issue in that it’s switched itself off a handful of times in the last week - twice today.

Fortunately, it’s still under warranty but rather unfortunately, judging by this thread, is that the movie rooms is longer on the go. Which leaves me wondering what I should do. Normally the first point of contact would be the business I purchased from but that doesn’t appear to be an option. I also don’t fancy shipping my unit to Canada to get looked at.

I only met Dan once when I bought the receiver and even took the time to show me around the place which at the time was still being renovated but seemed like a good guy.

Is Dan still at The Sound Counsel and do you think he’d honour the warranty?
Have you tried HiFi Corner? Think Movierooms was part of them?

Failing that Dan is active on the forums via the sound counsel

Trojan

Distinguished Member
You will have to deal with Hifi corner as they have all Movierooms warranties but good luck with that. I had a problem with my N7 projector which I bought from Movierooms. Spoke to Dan who told me I would have to contact Hifi corner. While my initial call to Hifi corner was promising, it went downhill after that. After a couple weeks of hearing nothing I rang and was told they had heard nothing back from JVC. I asked had they chased JVC up and they said they didn't and they did not know what to suggest. I got a strong feeling that they were not interested at all so I had to sort out the repair by contacting the repair company who were brilliant and arrange everything myself. Not a good experience all round from everyone involved apart from the repair company.

Last edited:

ptammaro_3

You will have to deal with Hifi corner as they have all Movierooms warranties but good luck with that. I had a problem with my N7 projector which I bought from Movierooms. Spoke to Dan who told me I would have to contact Hifi corner. While my initial call to Hifi corner was promising, it went downhill after that. After a couple weeks of hearing nothing I rang and was told they had heard nothing back from JVC. I asked had they chased JVC up and they said they didn't and they did not know what to suggest. I got a strong feeling that they were not interested at all so I had to sort out the repair myself by contacting the repair company who were brilliant and arrange everything myself. Not a good experience all round from everyone involved.
That’s not exactly reassuring especially given the price of that!

dfdd

your contract of sale is with the retailer, I am sure they will sort it. Always helpful to mention the consumer rights act 2015 if they are not helpful. also consider contacting the main distributor of anthem in the uk

Steve Stifler

Strange.....I’ve bought items from the old Home Cinema Centre, and in the last five or so years from The Movie Rooms, HiFi Corner and The Sound Council.

Ive had nothing but exemplary service and great advice both in the good old days before lockdowns and since then. I guess this must be a blip, or something outside their control and not a reflection of their normal excellent service. I’d certainly buy again without hesitation.

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
I suspect when D&N left and they also moved buildings things may have started to change. I bought an AV amp via the web and initial service was good, arrived on time etc, maybe a day late, but when I wanted some help, I found it hard to get a response. My issue was eventually sorted but only after chasing several times, the guys said they were snowed under...

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom