The Movie Rooms - News & Customer Comments Thread

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
Well I got that totally wrong then thanks for the correction

I might be wrong on the people but it's definitely always traded under HiFi Corner. He may well have gone out on his own.

Lesmor

Distinguished Member
I might be wrong on the people but it's definitely always traded under HiFi Corner. He may well have gone out on his own.
Yeah there seems to be 3 Edinburgh based companies all working together
HiFi Corner
Themovierooms (Dan)
and Homesound (Nick)

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
Yeah there seems to be 3 Edinburgh based companies all working together
HiFi Corner
Themovierooms (Dan)
and Homesound (Nick)

Also noticed the used stock being almost nothing now - which I'd always look in on.

stranger

Not much help, but I was told last March by John or Struan that Nick was no longer with Homesound-HiFi corner.

xar

Nick has now launched his new venture The Sound Counsel based in Edinburgh. Been trading for a few months (I have made several purchases already) and how had both a website and shop operational.

Didn’t know about Dan, although I did notice the used stock on his website has been reduced to almost nil recently.

Last edited:

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Yeah, had noticed the used stock too.
Dealt with Dan over the last decade, top bloke.
Currency rates certainly haven’t helped, bought my SVS SB2000 for £550-600 I think 3 years ago, it’s now £800..
Is this brexit effect?

panman40

Distinguished Member
Yes it’s a great shame Dan has left the industry, never any fuss or drama and always a great trade in. im going to miss him.
Hopefully things sort themselves out soon.

sea surfer

Distinguished Member
Nick has now launched his new venture The Sound Counsel based in Edinburgh. Been trading for a few months (I have made several purchases already) and how had both a website and shop operational.

Good to know, bookmarked :smashin:

xar

Since its being discussed, I had Nick at mine this morning giving me an updated profile for my Storm Amp (with fancy new hdmi board!) and recently acquired dual REL 212SE's (also sourced from Nick). So he is certainly active and busy if you are looking for support.

mcbainne

Distinguished Member
Since its being discussed, I had Nick at mine this morning giving me an updated profile for my Storm Amp (with fancy new hdmi board!) and recently acquired dual REL 212SE's (also sourced from Nick). So he is certainly active and busy if you are looking for support.

Did he confirm that Dan has indeed left TMR?

xar

It didn’t come up, so I have no idea I’m afraid.

helicon2

Dan has definitely left TMR. I've been dealing with him over the last 6 months for kit I bought from him. Was looking for speaker cable but didn't get a repsonse and then after a number of days, Armin replied saying that Dan was no longer there but he would help. And indeed he's been most helpful so far.

Don't know what the story is but seems a bit strange as afterall, Dan was The Movie Rooms!

Russ 66

Crikey, Dan was a top bloke and the deals and support I have had from him over the years have been great. The best part was the trade ins, always fair, where to go now?

helicon2

Crikey, Dan was a top bloke and the deals and support I have had from him over the years have been great. The best part was the trade ins, always fair, where to go now?

Indeed. Only dealt with Dan over the past year so can't speak about trade-in's etc but certainly was a top bloke and got me a good deal with my new equipment. I've been dealing with Armin recently due to my new equipment that I ordered through Dan, still to arrive and he was certainly helpful. Also got me a good price on new speaker cable and going to carry out the Dirac set up for me that Dan was going to do!

Still, seems strange and I can only think that Dan must've fallen out with Hi-fi Corner's owners as it seemed rather sudden? Speculation on my part btw!

Nick1881

I'm a bit late here but I just found out that Dan left, called him for a chat. It's a big blow for me, I'm sure they will be just as good going forward, Armin seems nice and helpful. But I really did enjoy dealing with Dan, he sorted me some great deals over the years and I was happy to keep going back to him.

lexicon

Fortunately that’s a very easy question to answer. Nick Wearmouth started his own business in July 19 and offers the same amazing service he did while at Homesound.

www.thesoundcounsel.com

I counted up the number of emails we have exchanged since last July when he started yesterday - it’s 221! I was his first customer I believe.

Have just ordered a Storm Processor from him.

Incredibly knowledgable about all things AV especially Dirac. Simply the best Dealer you will ever encounter and I’ve encountered more than a few over the years.

Will be an AVF sponsor soon I understand.....

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Question is Where’s Dan? Has he dropped off the planet?’ - not according to LinkedIn :)

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

BAFTA 2021 awards sees Nomadland as big winner
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung rumoured to be buying OLED TV panels from LG Display
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro launches C10 MkII speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom