Quantcast

The Movie Rooms - News & Customer Comments Thread

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor

We are now a fully fledged Klipsch dealer and range all of their products including the CI, THX & Heritage line of Hi-Fi products. We will have a selection of the AV Kit winging its way to us next week for demo including some of the new Reference Premier models. News and reviews to follow.​

Last edited:

Flicks

Just a note to say that Ive had outstanding customer service from Dan at The Movie Rooms. Hassle free exchange of faulty goods with meaningful and knowledgeable advice with a can do attitude. Well done Dan

mkohman

Just a note to say that Ive had outstanding customer service from Dan at The Movie Rooms. Hassle free exchange of faulty goods with meaningful and knowledgeable advice with a can do attitude. Well done Dan
Dan is always very helpful and has excellent customer service skills not to mention the vast knowledge he also has in the AV world :clap:

steviedr

Distinguished Member
I’ll add a little more praise, have been dealing with Dan for over the last decade.
Projectors/tv/speakers/av receivers & more importantly great advise...
Excellent customer service, competitive pricing and great deals for 2nd hand kit never mind the latest.

I’ve yet to check out the new demo rooms, but I’ll be back for sure!
Highly recommended

Stevie D

xar

Just to add some if the same, I have dealt with Dan over the last 5 years and found him to be consistently excellent in terms of both service and knowledge. More recently he did a great job calibrating my Storm Amp, and is advising on some strategies to improve bass response in my room. An all round good guy to have as my local dealer! :thumbsup:

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor
SVS SB3000

Ive got a pallet of SVS SB3000 subwoofers im keen to give a new home by the end of the month. All are in black oak and come with a free SVS T-Shirt while stock last. Drop me a PM or email.

SOLD OUT

Last edited:

StefanBFC

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor
Our B&W Nautilus x Trinnov event proved very popular with clients travelling from as far as Bratislava to hear the unique and unusual combination of the Trinnov Magnitude, Trinnov Amplitude 8 & The B&W Nautilus. With around 60 people over the three days it was a pleasure to let everyone hear something that less than 1000 people have actually heard in the UK since their inception.

One of the most eye opening customers who demonstrated the system was the drummer from the band "The Miracle Glass Company". A local band from Edinburgh with reasonable international acclaim. He actually came in a bit under the radar, as I totally dint recognise him. It turns out the track he ended up playing on Tidal was the bands new single, which he also produced. This put him in the unique position of listener, artist and producer, so he was in an excellent position to judge the merits of what the Trinnov was trying to do in conjunction with the Nautilus speakers.

The B&W Nautilus speakers need no introduction and spawned pretty much every trickle down product from B&W for decades, it was great to hear a 20 year design totally stand up to scrutiny and they performed magnificently over the three days.

The Trinnov demonstration was literally night and day, from the touch of a button. The Trinnov is uniquely able to to tell the difference between direct sound and indirect reflected sound, so you can literally turn off the negative acoustic effects of the room. Also, its ability to understand the natural character of the speaker and not adjust this, maintains the phrasing of the speaker much to the typical audiophiles delight. After all if you've bought a set of big Harbeth's, you want them to sound like Harbeth's! Overall, programmed correctly, it is by far the most sympathetic, accurate, room and speaker optimisation system on the market bar none.

I'd like to say a massive thanks to Tom & Ian from Trinnov, Jonathan from B&W, Lawrence Dickie from Vivid, all the staff at HiFi Corner and finally all of the customers who attended for making the event such a success.

We have secured the Nautilus and Trinnov kit for another two weeks should any one who missed out wish to come and have a critical listen of the system in their own time. We also have a Trinnov ST2 available for home demonstration should you wish to hear how sympathetic room optimisation can transform your Hi-Fi system in your own home.

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor
Starke Sound Subwoofers Joins The Movie Rooms

After a number of months of behind the scenes testing im proud to announce we are now stockists of Starke Sound Subwoofers. Ive been searching for some time for something that stacks up against the Velodyne DD+ range, and boy have we found it. The range will expand slowly over the coming months. We currently have the Starke F35 on demonstration for those in doubt.......

STARKE SOUND SUBWOOFERS

SPINO

A quick note to say thanks to Dan for the great deal on an SVS SB 4000 it’s working a treat in my room and can’t believe the depth this thing reaches

Replaced my Sub 3....

mcbainne

A quick note to say thanks to Dan for the great deal on an SVS SB 4000 it’s working a treat in my room and can’t believe the depth this thing reaches

Replaced my Sub 3....
Is it a big improvement over the Sub 3?

SPINO

Hi yea in my room the SVS works much better

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor
CINEMA SEATS FOR SALE

Im trying to help out a customer who wants to sell some cinema seats. He is looking for £650, I would imagine when new, these would have been thousands. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can put you in touch with him.

SOLD

Last edited:

mb3195

CINEMA SEATS FOR SALE

Im trying to help out a customer who wants to sell some cinema seats. He is looking for £650, I would imagine when new, these would have been thousands. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can put you in touch with him.​
these look identical to mine, if they are, they’re around £4000 brand new, so £650 seems like a bargain as they age very well.

Trending threads

Latest News

Klipsch updates Heritage speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL hits 32 million TV sales in 2019
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sharp 4K OLED TV to launch in spring 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th January 2020