Quantcast

The Movie Rooms - News & Customer Comments Thread

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor
Things are changing at The Movie Rooms. After over 5 years in our old offices we have moved to custom built premises. We have moved out of the City Centre and out to the seaside at Joppa, in the east of the city. The new offices and demonstration rooms are custom built with acoustics in mind from the ground up. We will have a truly reference cinema in one room, and a smaller more flexible cinema for more day to day use. We will also have 3 other smaller demonstration rooms.

We are now open for visitors so if you would like to pop in and are in the area, we would love to see you.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at AV Forums and all of the members for their support over the last 5 years of The Movie Rooms existence. We have come a long way in a short space of time and with this move will secure our place as one of the best equipped, least pushy & most knowledgeable places to buy your AV for a good few years to come.

Dan - Manager​

Last edited:

mandragora78

Hi there follower of The Movie Rooms I just would like to take the advantage of this space to share my experience with The Movie Rooms and with Dan:

"My experience with The Movie Rooms and with Daniel Bland has been stellar!!!

I really can't find any other words that can describe the level of satisfaction that I've reached with The Movies Rooms and with Dan.

I've bought few things from Dan, two projectors, a 2.35 150" screen an SVS ultra sub and a sonos system!

Dan has been always patient to answer to all my question and he has been always happy to help!

The customer service has been spot on and even when I had a small problem with one of the items, Daniel has proved himself to be more than just the manager of The Movies Rooms... his behaviour was more close to the one you would expect from a friend rather than from a shop manager!!!

I will continue to buy all the pieces of electronic equipment that I'll need from him without hesitation!!! Very well done Dan!!!

God bless you and your business!!! "

Have a very good weekend,

Ben

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor
Hi there follower of The Movie Rooms I just would like to take the advantage of this space to share my experience with The Movie Rooms and with Dan:

"My experience with The Movie Rooms and with Daniel Bland has been stellar!!!

I really can't find any other words that can describe the level of satisfaction that I've reached with The Movies Rooms and with Dan.

I've bought few things from Dan, two projectors, a 2.35 150" screen an SVS ultra sub and a sonos system!

Dan has been always patient to answer to all my question and he has been always happy to help!

The customer service has been spot on and even when I had a small problem with one of the items, Daniel has proved himself to be more than just the manager of The Movies Rooms... his behaviour was more close to the one you would expect from a friend rather than from a shop manager!!!

I will continue to buy all the pieces of electronic equipment that I'll need from him without hesitation!!! Very well done Dan!!!

God bless you and your business!!! "

Have a very good weekend,

Ben
Thank you for your very kind words Ben, much appreciated.

Dan

Mavalator

Hello All,

I am not normally one to write reviews, but I thought my brilliant experience with The MovieRooms and Dan, just had to be shared with the wider forum. I finally have a fully functional Anthem MRX500 receiver, after going through 3 different AV receiver units. All through, Dan has been patient, has worked with me to troubleshoot the various issues I had and got Anthem tech support to help me out when we couldn't figure out what was going on. All said, it was a great customer service experience; and full credit to Dan!

I first purchased a second-hand MRX500 from Dan in December last year. The unit developed a HDMI fault in February. Dan had the unit picked up by Anthem. Unfortunately, due to significant delays at Anthem's end, Dan, on his own initiative, had a new MRX sent out to me. The second MRX again had strange HDMI compatibility issues with my projector. Again, Anthem were unable to figure out what was going on. Dan stepped in and offered to send a 3rd MRX out, which I am happy to report is now working fine. All through this nearly 4-month process, what was impressive was that Dan always kept me informed and never lost sight of my, "the customer's", needs!

I know it sounds like common sense, but I've dealt with my fair share of AV dealers, who all claim they provide great customer service, but never practice what they claim. Dealing with Dan was certainly a breath of fresh air!

Thanks again Dan.

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor
Hello All,

I am not normally one to write reviews, but I thought my brilliant experience with The MovieRooms and Dan, just had to be shared with the wider forum. I finally have a fully functional Anthem MRX500 receiver, after going through 3 different AV receiver units. All through, Dan has been patient, has worked with me to troubleshoot the various issues I had and got Anthem tech support to help me out when we couldn't figure out what was going on. All said, it was a great customer service experience; and full credit to Dan!

I first purchased a second-hand MRX500 from Dan in December last year. The unit developed a HDMI fault in February. Dan had the unit picked up by Anthem. Unfortunately, due to significant delays at Anthem's end, Dan, on his own initiative, had a new MRX sent out to me. The second MRX again had strange HDMI compatibility issues with my projector. Again, Anthem were unable to figure out what was going on. Dan stepped in and offered to send a 3rd MRX out, which I am happy to report is now working fine. All through this nearly 4-month process, what was impressive was that Dan always kept me informed and never lost sight of my, "the customer's", needs!

I know it sounds like common sense, but I've dealt with my fair share of AV dealers, who all claim they provide great customer service, but never practice what they claim. Dealing with Dan was certainly a breath of fresh air!

Thanks again Dan.
Hi Mavalator,

Thanks for the very kind comments. I'm glad we got there in the end!

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
And slightly more limited as I've just yoinked one for myself! Thanks Dan, awesome sauce service as usual.

Last edited:

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor
TRINNOV ALTITUDE 32

We are now proud to be one of a select few dealers to have the finest home cinema processor in the world on demonstration. The Trinnov Altitude 32. There are many pretenders to it's throne, but technically it cannot be touched when it comes to sound reproduction.

Over the last two years we are now into double figures with the amount of systems we have commissioned, combined with a permanent demonstration unit we are well placed to advise on the implementation of any Trinnov Optimiser based product, be it the Altitude, Amethyst, Magnitude or ST2 Hi-Fi; which we also have on demonstration.

Last edited:

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
Oh yes. Sourced an Arcam p7 so I'm going to stick with my denon 5200 use the internal amps for heights and the 88 and p7 for base layer. Better start saving again for XTZ cinemas for next year. [emoji4]
I've had great service from [email protected] so your in good hands.!

You've got a great upgrade journey started now..so don't forget to post some images of your new toys/set up in due course.[emoji6]

Phil[emoji6]

CODY

Novice Member
I Recently made a purchase of a Receiver from Dan this made me think it is about time I gave some praise for both his professional approach, product knowledge plus his loyalty to the customer.

In the 20 years I have been involved in home cinema and hi-fi I have come across some "questionable" retailers. I found it most refreshing to stumble across Dan at the Movie Rooms, his priority has always been the satisfaction with the purchases I have made. Going back to my recent purchase, the Arcam AVR850 receiver. I live in Nottingham, this was no trouble at all for Dan to come from Edinborough to do the installation putting the face to a voice, a real genuine and laid back guy, he explained the Dirac room EQ and what it did.

There was a minor problem with the receiver along the way but nothing he could not resolve, the end result was fantastic. I thought my Marantz AV8801 and MM8077 power amp were good but they are eclipsed by the Arcam, the Dirac room eq playing its part in this. The price difference in my view is totally justified against other manufacurers flag ship receivers.

Thank you Dan
Phil.

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor
Thanks a lot guys. It means a lot when customers take the time and effort to post something on here completley un-prompted.

We dont pretend to get it right 100% of the time but we do try our best. As Phil's post shows, we are willing to travel distances to get the right product in the right system for a customer.

Last edited:

pressure

So Dan, you do installs south of the border too?

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
Yeah he does he was willing to come all the way to Bradford/Leeds when I was looking at the Arcam 550...[emoji6]

pressure

When I was in Edinburgh I visited the Movie Rooms shop and it was an amazing place. Had a lovely chat with the MD - told him there was no way he could sell me anything there and then and he wasn't bothered at all, just very helpful and informative. Sadly I missed Dan, think he was on the Datasat course that day IIRC.

mkohman

Good day all,

I am not really one to write up reviews but I just wanted to share my experience with The Movie Rooms. Late last year Nov 2015, I took the decision in upgrading my processor. I had recently purchased new cinema speakers and integrated ceiling speakers for atmos too. Naturally the hunt for a new pre pro was on. After doing research on the net, I came accross The Movie Rooms.

I decided to call up and get some advice on which processor to purchase. By this time I narrowed it down to two models (Yamaha and Marantz). I had a lengthy conversation with Dan who gave me solid advice and was kind and professional throughout the whole conversation. After talking to Dan I decided to go ahead and purchase the Yamaha CX-A5100. Delivery was quick and efficient. after setting up the Yamaha , as happy as I was I felt something was lacking... I felt the room correction of the Yamaha was not to my taste/expectation. I was back to square one and desired something a little more superior..

Again speaking with Dan and Nick who was also very helpfull, I arranged for collection of the Yamaha with a pre order of the at the time upcoming Anthem AVM60. There was obviousley a difference in price but I was happy to pay the difference for a superior processor with state of art room correction (ARC).

In the end I was left with nothing for 3 months due to Anthem keep putting back the release date of their new line. Finally upon arrival I was one of the first ones to receive the Anthem AVM60 in the UK as Dan had promissed.

I am now a proud and happy owner of an Anthem. I couldn't be more happier and the wait was well worth it.

I guess what I am really trying to say is that Dan and Nick have both been very helpfull, professional and understanding throughout the past few months. I must admit, I am not the easiest customer as I am very picky and undecisive at the best of times lol :) . I have never experienced this level of customer service in my entire life. These guys are truly a great asset to the industry and I will definitely be returning to deal with Dan or Nick in the near future for future upgrades (projector etc...)

Dan and Nick, again.. Thank you for such an amazing experience and for all your help, advice and support..

All the best..;)

Mehmet.

mattcam

Standard Member
Just brought a new amp and sony Pj from the movie rooms and my experience was second to none they even traded in all my old equipment and gave me a great price and Dan is a genuine nice guy who genuinely wants to help you ... Thanks Dan what a great service and a pleasure doing business. Regards, matt wareham .

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor
Just brought a new amp and sony Pj from the movie rooms and my experience was second to none they even traded in all my old equipment and gave me a great price and Dan is a genuine nice guy who genuinely wants to help you ... Thanks Dan what a great service and a pleasure doing business. Regards, matt wareham .
Hi Matt,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on the page. It was a pleasure doing business with you. Stay safe!

Dan

Number 6

I’m interested in the Sony ubp-700 on eBay, can you do it at a better price for a fellow AVForum member?

I’ve just sent you an email about it too.

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor

Ill be permanently down at the new facility from Monday building the office infrastructure, but it will be business as usual as far as it can be. On a positive note you can go for a walk on the beach (ignore the bin) if you come to visit!​

Last edited:

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor
Shop Relocation Update

Chuck, Alf and Myself are now fully ensconced in the new offices and warehouse in Joppa, on the east side of Edinburgh. Unfortunately its going to be another month or so before we can accept visitors but im still available on the telephone and email as usual. The clearance sale continues, and will probably run right through until our official opening.

Dan

Last edited:

themovierooms

AVForums Sponsor
Shop Relocation Update

We have now moved into our new offices. Renovations are still on-going and it looks like the new demonstration facilities will not open to visitors until the end of January 2019.

When we do open to the public, we will have 6 new demonstration areas spanning 6500 sq ft.

Should you wish to be included on the invitation list to the grand opening, drop us a PM and we will add you to our notification list.

Until then business will continue as normal on the phone and via email. The clearance sale will also continue and will end officially when we re-open.

stranger

I have just had my first experience of purchasing a/v equipment from themovierooms and would
like to say a big thank you to Dan Bland for going the extra mile (and more) 5 stars plus.

Thanks a lot Dan and every success in your new premises. To quote Arnie "I'll be back"

Ken

xar

On it like a car bonnet!!!! Open Sundays?

Trending threads

Latest News

Klipsch updates Heritage speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL hits 32 million TV sales in 2019
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sharp 4K OLED TV to launch in spring 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th January 2020