The Movie Room Build

luthers

Hi guys.

I’ve been a member for quite a while but over the last few years other things took priority and sadly the project:Movie-Room took a spot on the dusty shelf very much relegated to ‘distant dream’ status.
Several house moves later and as we’re now in a better position and spending much more time at home the project has been resurrected and planning approved by Mrs Luther. Thought I’d start a thread as I have several questions and hope to keep updating the project with photo highlights.

My equipment is pretty much as below with some upgrades I’ll detail as I progress. Speakers and sub will pretty much remain as is but I’ve just purchased the final piece of this puzzle, that being the screen.
My first question is for those that have recessed their screen into the ceiling. I’ve gone through some old photos of the house (new-build) prior to it being clad with plasterboard and noticed that I have a recess between joists in the ceiling of about 5 inches. This, it seems, would be the ideal location to mount a motorised screen however I’d like to know how one goes about finishing the cut edge of the ceiling plasterboard. (Photo attached for clarification)

Attachments

• C4902F44-454B-437C-AF67-32F4258ED02A.jpeg
    C4902F44-454B-437C-AF67-32F4258ED02A.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 63

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom