The Movie Room 2.0

Discussion in 'Members DIY Home Cinema Showcases' started by Les E, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi Guys,

Almost seven years ago I was lucky enough to have a spare room in the house extension we built. This became the Movie Room and has been mainly for the purpose of watching movies with a little PS3 and Sky HD thrown in for good measure.

The details of the build and the development of the dedicated home cinema is chronicled below in the signature.

Now it's re-fit time and although a few elements will stay the same the look and the feel of the room is about to change with a whole new colour scheme.

Hopefully I get some new pictures over here as I go along...

2. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Been working, so lack of updates for a while. However a few photos to add...

Attached Files:

3. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Filling all the nicks and holes for a complete colour change. My original set-up can be found on the signature below...more photos shortly.

4. benjani

benjani
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Just read your previous thread, great setup and well read.

5. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Updated photos of the revamped movie room. Major colour change (green and charcoal grey - inc. ceiling), Chairs are pushed further back to the wall (makes a major difference on viewing), new av cabinet, new Optoma HD-33 projector (the infocus died at Christmas...nice timing!) and new M&K surrounds (which needed a bit of diy-ing due to the previous Paradigm speakers being a larger footprint), and new Benno DVD cabinets from IKEA (four more are on the way) Overall, I am really pleased with the new look, and hopefully will last me a few years until needing a new coat paint (although, I have a rampant 2-year old!!)

Attached Files: