The Mountain Between Us (TBC)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
will need to get this merged at some point if already exists?

Wilderness survival drama directed by Oscar-nominated filmmaker Hany Abu-Assad (Omar), the film is based on the novel of the same name by Charles Martin.

Idris Elba, Kate Winslet, Beau Bridges and Dermot Mulroney

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Just saw the trailer for this - looks really good, reminds me of The Edge a little bit (although there's loads more going on in that film). Love a good survival drama/thriller. :)

Spooksta

Limitless took me to this today
Not very good really
Although I enjoyed the last 15 mins for some strange reason.
2.5/5

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Watched this with the wife a while ago when it came out. Reason for posting now is that I’ve just seen the music video on YouTube.

If you have any plans to see this film, and don’t know much about it, then you should avoid the music promo at all costs - it’s basically the whole movie in linear order (with all the key moments inc. the ending!) condensed into 4 minutes or so. I’m not surprised in these spoiler-centric times, but still taken aback at the way it is edited. So avoid if you want to watch.

As for the film itself, I really enjoyed it. Sure, it’s a Hollywood-ised, survival-cum-love story with inevitable, cliched moments but I don’t mind that. It’s long (at around over 2 hours I think), but the story is well told with decent performances from the central pairing (although Elba’s delivery is a bit odd at times, maybe because I’m used to him playing American characters?).

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom