The most underused Perk in the game SITREP pro!

Im using lightweight on my next prestige to complete the challenge. Am i right in thinking you have to use it for 250 miles to complete the challenge?:eek:
For Lightweight Pro VI yes. Couple it with Marathon so you can attain it more quickly.

Can I ask has anyone on the forum actually unlocked SiteRep pro yet?

It is the most difficult perk to unlock by far, and I would say is not possible in the usual time people go through a prestige.

Can I ask has anyone on the forum actually unlocked SiteRep pro yet?

It is the most difficult perk to unlock by far, and I would say is not possible in the usual time people go through a prestige.
One of the reasons that 3rd person cagematch is going... boosters used that game mode to unlock sitrep pro.

Who walks around corners or into entrances anyways without being a little bit cautious as to avoid claymores.

If the Claymore is in the right place is doesn't matter cos you can't see it until it's too late. 90%+ of players who use claymores don't use them properly though and just stick them in the middle of doorways, so I doubt Sitrep would be particularly useful unless it's against a good claymore team.

even if you placed the claymore in the correct spot, and well away from the doorway for example, a player using sitrep will still see it as it is visible through the wall.

even if you placed the claymore in the correct spot, and well away from the doorway for example, a player using sitrep will still see it as it is visible through the wall.

I know, what I meant is that generally claymores are easy to spot anyway, so Sitrep isn't really needed - it would definitely be useful against a team/player that knows how to use them properly.

no worries - i know what you mean though.

i often see people puyying them in full view, slap bang centre of a doorway :facepalm: - a complete waste if you ask me and you're asking to be nailed with it!!

you have to be sneaky with them as they have quite a range where they can be tripped from :D

Honestly, when I'm sniping I'll often put them in plain sight specifically so someone will shoot them. When they shoot them it's like instant radar because you know someone is coming through soon. And with Lightweight, they can usually run by obscure claymores anyways so by the time it triggers the explosion to notify me that someone is there, they'll be shooting me in the back or knifing me.

So don't knock the obscene claymores. Granted, not everyone does it with a purpose in mind, in which case, yah, not going to do much good.

I use stopping power on all my guns and know from 20 odd days of play that it does make a difference. Including the ump which i have had fair use of *cough cough 1000 headshots cough cough*

Whats the problem with ump + stopping power :confused:

He does use stopping power on all his guns ;)

Dave.

PS I have not used sitrep yet as I am pretty good at spotting Claymores and it would be a waste of a perk.

how do I use it as a camping perk?

not being picky just curious.:D
Meant to have "pro" at the end of "sitrep"... the sitrep part isn't bad.

how do I use it as a camping perk?

not being picky just curious.:D

Think Siterep pro could be considered a camping perk, but never the original perk.

I personally think if anyone gets Siterep Pro they can be deserving to camp a little, as they would have seriously messed up their KDR to get it.

Meant to have "pro" at the end of "sitrep"... the sitrep part isn't bad.

Ahh right you are, is it so you can hear them coming to get you outa your dark dank corner?

Sitrep pro would not only be used by campers. If you're a run-n-gunner and you're running around wreaking havoc and then hide behind a wall while you reload or you know someone is near you, you pull up with your back to a wall and listen for when they are coming (unless they use ninja). I'm not saying it doesn't have it's uses.

Just saying more often than not, a camper will be using it and sitting in an area a majority of the time waiting to hear someone coming or the little bleeps on their HBS.

It is actually useful for snipers in most cases (the snipers that resemble RL sniping and rarely move except to get the killshot) and you have to camp to a degree to do that kind of sniping. Quickscopers not so much.

Sitrep pro would not only be used by campers. If you're a run-n-gunner and you're running around wreaking havoc and then hide behind a wall while you reload or you know someone is near you, you pull up with your back to a wall and listen for when they are coming (unless they use ninja). I'm not saying it doesn't have it's uses.
I would say it would be fantastic, and probably essential for S&D games more than anything.

Both the Pro and non Pro of this perk would really give you the edge.

That is why I want to unlock it, but the best I have achieved is 59 blows, people just don't use claymores in this game like they used Bettys in WaW.

I would say it would be fantastic, and probably essential for S&D games more than anything.

Both the Pro and non Pro of this perk would really give you the edge.

That is why I want to unlock it, but the best I have achieved is 59 blows, people just don't use claymores in this game like they used Bettys in WaW.
S&D I would think there would be more ninja users for the ability to sneak up on people and get past HBS... I would think it is less useful on that game mode than any other...

Could be wrong though since I don't play S&D often enough.

S&D I would think there would be more ninja users for the ability to sneak up on people and get past HBS... I would think it is less useful on that game mode than any other...

Could be wrong though since I don't play S&D often enough.

Planting rounds I would say SiteRep would be better than Ninja.

Defending rounds, Ninja best.

I don't know if it is just me, but without changing any game volumes, or adjusting my TV/surround sound a pleasant game of SnD gets crazy loud when you are observing someone with Sitrep Pro. Its so ungodly loud that I hear them moving before they even start moving.

I mentioned this perk before; and it doesnt take an age to get and it doesn't have to tater your KD. Play TDM and you'll find the odd Clay; play Demolition and you should find loads of Clays; and hcTDM you'll find a mix.

Since I've hit prestige, I see little point in doing the Pro part of it all over again. Yes I'll equip Site rep class if I find I've joined a lobbly full of Claymore planters; as I'm less inclined to use Marathon/Lightweight. But those of you who can utilise LightW, then I'd advise using that. Problem with regular Sitrep is that you have to shoot with a FMJ gun and often give away your position; (I hate using bling).

As for the Pro part, I find its not all that great. As said you cannot hear Ninja's and they are common; maybe my fave' perk in that slot. Being able to hear some of the enemy team you can get caught up on listening to them and miss a ninja come from behind (it takes your mind off your current area/room). Also, being able to hear a guy in one of the rooms next door - you cant always be sure exactly where. Maybe it takes practice, but I couldn't guage how close they were and therefore on the alert too often. The maps are so small, we know somebody is likely to be round the next corner on the regular games; and on Hardcore, yes it would help, but so many peeps use Ninja. Summary - Pro is a waste of time IMO.
(might give it another go if I get bored)

Favourite perk 3 is Final Stand or may be Steady Aim. Final stand is a bit cheap but ive had so many kills with it, on occasion its even got my Killstreak. Very rarely use site rep, i think i will leave it to 10p before i try and complete the challenge, not to bothered about it.

I did make the effort to get the pro version of siterep on my last prestige,but to be honest I wasn't overly impressed with the pro side of it.
I'v got my ps3 running through a yamaha 5.1 surround sound system and when I finally got the pro version I really didn't think there was a massive increase in footstep volume.
If your camping in a quiet area and you have a good surround sound system you can tell someone is coming and from what direction.
The non pro version of the perk is great for finding out campers,but I got so tunnelled visioned looking for claymores I got shot before I got to the claymore because I was not paying enough attention to my surroundings!

Thought I'd post here and bring this thread to the front as I'm currently at 107 out of 120 for sitrep pro :clap::clap:

Started out tonight (many hours ago :rotfl::boring:) at just under 60, and have got these without sacrificing my kd, infact I had some very good matches :D

For anyone looking to get this, I use 2 classes:

Both use the Scar with SP, Scavenger & Sitrep (obviously :D)

Attachemnts: Class one had ext mag, and was my main class. class 2 has fmj. A noob tube is also a good attachement as you can see claymores in buildings and tube them.
Both classes have C4.

I found that most claymores I could either get to without needing fmj, or they were in buildings that fmj wouldn't penetrate. The C4 is useful if you're coming up against a claymore round a corner, but can't shoot it without tripping it. Just chuck the c4 close to it and detonate it :smashin:

Its really good too for letting you know where campers are, you can bet if theres a claymore covering an entrace there'll be someone camping in the building!

I'll let you know what the pro part is like soon, better be worth it!! It's the last perk that I have to get to pro level, I've only bothered doing it now that I'm 10th prestige.

Its really good too for letting you know where campers are, you can bet if theres a claymore covering an entrace there'll be someone camping in the building!

I'll let you know what the pro part is like soon, better be worth it!! It's the last perk that I have to get to pro level, I've only bothered doing it now that I'm 10th prestige.

The pro perk is pretty good; I took time and got it last prestige, depending on the game modes it does not take that long.

FFA and CTF are great for raking up the Siterep detonations, but the likes of domination or Demolition which I normally played nobody really uses them.

In CTF claymores will be all around the enemy flag, and TI's will be littered all over your flag (especially if you play against BoBs :D), and FFA you need to just get the luck of the draw of people using them, but when you do you can rake up huge amounts in one game (can remember one terminal game I got 24, and the another 20 odd in the following Highrise and Underpass games; it was this bunch that helped me get it last prestige as normally I would get to around 80 and then prestige).

It does not make the footsteps as loud as I wanted, and it does not amplify all footsteps, for example on solid normal ground I could not hear people coming.

But on the likes of Scrapyard and Skidrow its great as parts of the ground is metal and you can hear people coming from a mile off.

The absolute best however is using it on snowy maps, you can hear them munching through the snow from a mile off, not only does it sound great, its a relaxing sound for some reason, but it also gives you a serious advantage.

It would be great to use on Salvage but I prestiged over the weekend and its going to take me another age to get it again.

With regards to getting it, as opposed to C4 I just used Semtex and hurled one in the room; often it got the camper and his Claymore.

I made another effort to get Sitrep Pro this prestige ...

I have 6 devices destroyed using it so far at level 60. :suicide:

Last edited:
I made another effort to get Sitrep Pro this prestige ...

I have 6 devices destroyed using it so far at level 60. :suicide:

I was the same when I exclusively played Domination and Demolition.

Nobody uses the claymores in this mode so I got next to none.

You need to use the game modes that are Claymore full, and due to the nature of it; people by themselves, wanting to safely camp; FFA is the best mode for getting them.

Second would be CTF as people want to protect their flag.

You should get them very fast playing these.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom