The most tricky task in a Drone operation

BorjaPK

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.:hiya: I am a commercial drone pilot in a corporation. Even when I know that flight drones is something cool, sometimes involves dull and time-consuming non-technical tasks. Have you been in this situation before? I want to ask you if you would like to share some of those tricky steps and if you have found any way to solve it.
I can start:
  • Identify sensitive areas close where I am going to fly. I looked at google maps, DJI Geomap or Apps like Skydemon, but sometimes I must look at other sources.
  • Be relaxed because I have all the permissions from everyone to flight in X places...but obviously, I must triple check everything. I don´t want to be in a legal problem!
  • Look the NOTAMs and identify that no event will take place where I intend to fly.
Thanks so much for your feedback!👍
Regards,
Borja

Hello everyone.:hiya: I am a commercial drone pilot in a corporation. Even when I know that flight drones is something cool, sometimes involves dull and time-consuming non-technical tasks. Have you been in this situation before? I want to ask you if you would like to share some of those tricky steps and if you have found any way to solve it.
I can start:
  • Identify sensitive areas close where I am going to fly. I looked at google maps, DJI Geomap or Apps like Skydemon, but sometimes I must look at other sources.
  • Be relaxed because I have all the permissions from everyone to flight in X places...but obviously, I must triple check everything. I don´t want to be in a legal problem!
  • Look the NOTAMs and identify that no event will take place where I intend to fly.
Thanks so much for your feedback!👍
Regards,
Borja
Just out of interest, how did you find your current job? I've recently completed my PfCO and although I'm not currently looking for work, I will be next year.

One of the things I didn't think about before I started flying was data management. You can easily find yourself with huge amounts of data from a couple of hours flying.

Thanks

Just out of interest, how did you find your current job? I've recently completed my PfCO and although I'm not currently looking for work, I will be next year.

One of the things I didn't think about before I started flying was data management. You can easily find yourself with huge amounts of data from a couple of hours flying.

Thanks
Hello terencejames. Thanks for your reply.
Inside my company was an interest to go forward to test drones as a technology to reach new clients (geospatial / utilities or telecoms) and my team have green light to generate the PfCO and start to run some tests. The progression have not been very clear because the company objectives are more related with software solutions rather than hardware. It also depend which kind of work you are looking. 🙂

I was
Hello terencejames. Thanks for your reply.
Inside my company was an interest to go forward to test drones as a technology to reach new clients (geospatial / utilities or telecoms) and my team have green light to generate the PfCO and start to run some tests. The progression have not been very clear because the company objectives are more related with software solutions rather than hardware. It also depend which kind of work you are looking. 🙂
I was looking at more engineering inspections where you would traditionally use rope access equipment or scaffolding. I work in that sort of environment anyway so it isn't such a stretch for me to do that. Having said that, I'm pretty comfortable flying drones now so I suppose I could do anything drone related.

I was

I was looking at more engineering inspections where you would traditionally use rope access equipment or scaffolding. I work in that sort of environment anyway so it isn't such a stretch for me to do that. Having said that, I'm pretty comfortable flying drones now so I suppose I could do anything drone related.
I've been a bridge and structures inspector for 20 years and I went down the route of persuading my employer to let me start a project to procure drones to enhance our inspections etc, we now have a M300 with H20T and P1 payloads plus other bits and also dji minis and went the GVC specific route. So far it's been great!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom