1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Moon

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by smason5, Aug 19, 2002.

1. smason5

smason5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I tried taking some footage of the moon last night. It was popping in and out of some dramatic cloud.
    However the moon always appeared as a bright white disc - ie over exposed - no detail.
    It just occurred to me that I should have manually reduced the exposure but I was wondering if anyone has some tips for filming the moon ?
    I was using a PC120. It has an AE setting for night time shots but it didn't help the exposure at all.

Regards,

Stuart

2. gmm

gmm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've got a panasonic mx8 and i had to reduce the settings to near minimum to get any detail. Once i had done that i could see the surface detail on the moon ok. Although the 10x zoom limited what i could see.

3. smason5

smason5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gmm,

Yeah I tried the same last night although the moon was obscured by cloud. However I could definitely tell that reducing the exposure gave more detail.
    Thanks for your reply.

Stuart