The Modern Warfare 2 Preview Thread (Released: 10\11\09) *Part 3* *USE SPOILER TAGS!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirrel Madras

As I feared no Party Chat in the main game types ie Normal Teamdeath match.

Infinity Ward have officially ruined the best part of the Xbox live experience :(

It is a shame, I guess more use of the mute button will be in force, although it will be good to once more be able to tell some lazy sniping types that headquarters requires more than sitting behind a wall looking for that illusive 1 kill!!!

harrisuk

The worry is that unless the lobby and party system is PERFECT they will have ruined the online play for those that play in parties, it will be a huge backwards step.

The lobby system in MW1 was seriously flawed as was COD WAW.

Even if the lobby system is perfect it will still be ruined, friends getting booted out of games, not able to join games plus everyone will have to block voice comms to anyone not already on their friends list - so you will never actually meet any new people as everyone will just leave that as the default. Back to the bad old days of sending messages to those that cant join and it taking half an hur to get everyone into a game :(

They have made a huge mistake here in my opinion, speaking to a few mates on WAW last night obviously all 5 of us in party chat, the general opinion was it could ruin the game for us its that big a deal :(

No reason for them to implement this on team death match as far as I can see its been poorley thoughtout and should have been limited to game types like S and D where its been a problem for the geeks in the past.

Last edited:

v CJ v

No reason for them to implement this on team death match as far as I can see its been poorley thoughtout and should have been limited to game types like S and D where its been a problem for the geeks in the past.

I had the same chat last night too :(

RedAl

Distinguished Member
Whilst I disagree with them disabling party chat in game modes where you dont have to wait to respawn I have to say it doesnt really bother me that much. I rarely use party chat anyway and in a sick way enjoy listening to some of the verbal diahorrea that some of the great unwashed come out with.

The only thing that`ll spoil this game for me is if my xbox gives me the dreaded red rings of death when I stick the disc in first time or if my thumbs drop off when i`m about to run up to Def and knife him in the back! :rotfl:

harrisuk

Speaking to one of my mates who spent around 14 days of his life on cod 4 :eek: he is worried it could go badly quite quickly. People are so used to party chat now, dropping in and out in seperate games etc he thinks people could get really annoyed with it, get frustrated and just not play MW2 in groups and resort to playing on cod 4 or waw with their mates in teams :(

As he put it imagine going back a couple of years where you had 8 people having to fire off loads of text messages and voice messages when they cant join games, lobbies people getting kicked out of games for no reasons it happens all the time.

Its just such a huge backwards step for the vast majority of users. Once again the 1% of geeks / cheaters ruin it for the 99% :(

Cant say how disappointed I am about this :( Microsoft should not have allowed this, just told IW to go **** ******** what are they going to do nothing 70% of console sales and the vast majority of revenue is comming from the 360 on this title.

Squirrel Madras

That 3rd person mode actually looks quite good, or better than I thought it would at least :smashin:

v CJ v

Speaking to one of my mates who spent around 14 days of his life on cod 4 :eek: he is worried it could go badly quite quickly. People are so used to party chat now, dropping in and out in seperate games etc he thinks people could get really annoyed with it, get frustrated and just not play MW2 in groups and resort to playing on cod 4 or waw with their mates in teams :(

As he put it imagine going back a couple of years where you had 8 people having to fire off loads of text messages and voice messages when they cant join games, lobbies people getting kicked out of games for no reasons it happens all the time.

Its just such a huge backwards step for the vast majority of users. Once again the 1% of geeks / cheaters ruin it for the 99% :(

Cant say how disappointed I am about this :( Microsoft should not have allowed this, just told IW to go **** ******** what are they going to do nothing 70% of console sales and the vast majority of revenue is comming from the 360 on this title.

Totally agree.

9/10 of the time I am in party chat with my Dad/brother and mates. If someone gets kicked from a game, we say hold on, we'll back out / re-invite you.

If we're not in a party chat, how difficult will it be to talk now.

Imagine you're playing S&D on your own, and some mates come online. You can't accept their party chat until you've finished the game :(

I don't use my PS3 as the party chat isn't available, and it's a nightmare trying to organise games, I end up texting / calling my mates.

Sucks!

harrisuk

Last edited:

redporshe

Standard Member
They can change it in a second becuase its playlist related not client side.

Atleast make it for specific playlists!!!!

bearman3784

pfffft noob ;)

RedAl

Distinguished Member
pfffft noob ;)

LOL, I`m ashamed to say I`m up to almost 20 days on COD4. It would have been closer to 30 had I not had a long spell on WAW.

I really should get out more. Trouble is that bright yellow ball in the sky terrifies me. What is it??? :rotfl:

King Tones

Distinguished Member
LOL, I`m ashamed to say I`m up to almost 20 days on COD4. It would have been closer to 30 had I not had a long spell on WAW.

I really should get out more. Trouble is that bright yellow ball in the sky terrifies me. What is it??? :rotfl:

I checked mine yesterday and i was suprised mine is only 4 days or something...i expected it to be more. Think its about 8 days on WaW

Deftones

RedAl

Distinguished Member
Is Party chat used alot then, dont think i have ever used it.

Have i :confused:

Deftones

Not recently with yer missing mic cable.

Actually, thats reminded me. Are you missing the short cable that plugs into the bottom of the xbox controller and goes into the small white box on the headphone cable?

If so, I have a spare one. When I originally ordered my X1`s I somehow missed this cable and contacted the company i bought them off and they sent me another cable Days later I sheepishly found the original cable. So i have a spare you`re more than welcome to. Let me know and i`ll get it sent off to you as and when. :smashin:

Just hide it from the missus as we both suspect foul play somewhere along the line! :rotfl:

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Not recently with yer missing mic cable.

Actually, thats reminded me. Are you missing the short cable that plugs into the bottom of the xbox controller and goes into the small white box on the headphone cable?

If so, I have a spare one. When I originally ordered my X1`s I somehow missed this cable and contacted the company i bought them off and they sent me another cable Days later I sheepishly found the original cable. So i have a spare you`re more than welcome to. Let me know and i`ll get it sent off to you as and when. :smashin:

Just hide it from the missus as we both suspect foul play somewhere along the line! :rotfl:

:rotfl:

Well yeah not recently :rotfl:

Cheers for the offer Al, i will have a proper look at some point.
I bought the missus a Kitten for her birthday a few months back and he has a habit of hiding things recently. And a cable like that will give him hours of fun.

Will keep you posted, have not actually used my X1's for a while now. Just been using the TV speakers.....still got mad skills :devil:

Deftones

bearman3784

i must be up to around 30 by now i think, now thats what you call value for money :D

RedAl

Distinguished Member
:rotfl:

Well yeah not recently :rotfl:

Cheers for the offer Al, i will have a proper look at some point.
I bought the missus a Kitten for her birthday a few months back and he has a habit of hiding things recently. And a cable like that will give him hours of fun.

Will keep you posted, have not actually used my X1's for a while now. Just been using the TV speakers.....still got mad skills :devil:

Deftones

No worries bud, they`re sat in a box of spare cables somewhere in the gaming room so the cable is yours if and when you need it.

Kabob

Ready for MW2 now!

Withbigbrother.jpg

King Tones

Distinguished Member
No worries bud, they`re sat in a box of spare cables somewhere in the gaming room so the cable is yours if and when you need it.

Any thoughts on your Kill Streak rollout for online dude ?

I have been looking at the perks and trying to decide what to go with and also what killstreaks to have :confused:

Sad i know but its something to discuss :D

Deftones

g8tecrasher

i must be up to around 30 by now i think, now thats what you call value for money :D

Someone at work was telling me £45 was a waste of money for MW2 till I explained it £35 for COD 4 and im still playing 2 years later :smashin:

RedAl

Distinguished Member
Any thoughts on your Kill Streak rollout for online dude ?

I have been looking at the perks and trying to decide what to go with and also what killstreaks to have :confused:

Sad i know but its something to discuss :D

Deftones

No, not yet, I dont know what the full list of killstreaks is yet so can`t comment. I wont bother with the 25 killstreak option though. Little or no chance of ever getting there. Might go for a 3, 7 and 10 for starters. What about you?

King Tones

Distinguished Member
No, not yet, I dont know what the full list of killstreaks is yet so can`t comment. I wont bother with the 25 killstreak option though. Little or no chance of ever getting there. Might go for a 3, 7 and 10 for starters. What about you?

25 will never happen. It probably will one day and i wont have that perk turned on :rotfl: :suicide:

I think 4, 7 & 11
UAV i'm not too fussed, The random package would be cool as it could be the AC130 or something bigger :devil:
7 would be a chopper and 11 the AC130.

I say all that and next week cant get above 3 kills :rotfl:
Also i guess you have to unlock certain ones.

Deftones

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Panasonic TVs now feature Apple TV+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett