The Michael Jackson Official Exhibition at the O2

GYRODEC1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday I went to the Michael Jackson Exhibition, as a fan it was brilliant. More than 250 of his personal belongings from costumes when his was in the Jackson5 to outfits that he wore on stage for the Victory, Bad, Dangerous, History and up coming 'This Is It' tours were on display.

There were alsoa prop from the 'Leave Me Alone'video in the shape of the spaceship that Michael sat in. I didn't know it was so big. Also the paintings, his prized dark blue Rolls Royce which he used to drive Elizabeth Taylor around in Neverland it was in mint condition.

There was also his white suite that he wore in the 'Smooth Criminal' video. Music contracts. The tour takes around 2hrs to see as there is a lot to read regarding the artifacts and there is also videos being played. His prized antique piano which was beautiful.

At the end of the tour I asked one of staff whether all the items on show are the genuine items and not copies and she said they are genuine. Most of them have been brought over from the States and some had to be retrieved from auctions as they were almost going to be sold, but weren't.

There was also a lot of gold jewellery, his famous white diamond studded glove.
There was just too much to see, but it was fully worth the money to give a glimpse into the King of Pop's private life.

I think it was a fantastic idea of having the Exhibition at the O2 all because the 'This Is It' Tour was supposed to be held here didn't take place.

At the end of the tour , the were red books laid out on desks for the public to leave the sympathies. These will be sent to the Jackson family it read above on the wall.

At the end of tour I just felt really sad a man with an extraordinary gift of singing and dancing that brought people together through his music had to pass away like this. I also feel people who have this special gift like Michael, are only put on this planet for a short space of time.

The funny thing is even with his wealth and extrordinary lifestyle he was very lonely and didn't trust anybody except his own family.
Money does not bring you happiness.

One last thing I must point out is that some people do not know about Michael is that he has donated over $300,000,000 to charities during his life.

I would like everybody to go and visit the Michael Jackson Official Exhibition at the O2 in Greenwich. It will be on for 3 months and you are not allowed to take photos for security reasons. Tkt prices are between £14.50 - £17.00. They can be purchased through ticketmaster.co.uk or the O2.

A fantastic glimpse into the private life of Michael Jackson 'King of Pop' worth seeing if your a fan or just a music lover. 5 stars.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom