The Meg Review & Comments

I’ll be steering well clear of this film....when I first saw the trailer at the cinema the title put me right off......’The Meg’....kept on reminding me of Meg from Family Guy lol

Haven't seen a crappy B movie in ages so we're going tomorrow :clap:
A couple of sherberts in the local hostelry pre movie and a pizza afterwards:thumbsup:

Going to see this tonight as missed the purge for few weeks running and showing too late tonight so me and the wife are gonna check it out something to see where we're not having to concentrate too much.. ;)

Gonna need a bigger bigger boat.....

Looking forward to this.

FGuy_Meg_Gen2012_R3Flat.jpg

The Meg

"waterworks"
Saw what you did there! :)

It was amazing.

If you are expecting it to be on par with scarface or something then 6/10 is fair I guess.

If you go in expecting nothing and hoping it isn't complete crap then it's 9/10.

Only 9/10 though as the shark isn't big enough.

I was a bit let down really.
I thought the story was a bit thin and not enough tension being built.

also
Too many people falling off boats.

The aerial shots of the shark was really good though. Put the size of it into perspective.

I think the review lets the movie off the hook (no pun intended). The premise is silly yes, but that doesn't mean its ok to make a lazy, boring, unimaginitive, unexciting, visually unimpressive and cliched piece of work, and then rely on "its Statham vs a giant shark, what did you expect Shakespeare?" type excuses.

Deadpool proves you can make a film thats ridiculous and self aware yet also exciting, funny and bloody good fun. Or for something slightly more serious, go the Kong: Skull Island route and go all out for monster thrills. This was neither one thing nor the other. Just a tepid compromise.

Sounds about my level. I will get it on BD when it sells in "cex". I wonder if it will be in 3D?
megalodon.jpg~c200

I think the review lets the movie off the hook (no pun intended). The premise is silly yes, but that doesn't mean its ok to make a lazy, boring, unimaginitive, unexciting, visually unimpressive and cliched piece of work, and then rely on "its Statham vs a giant shark, what did you expect Shakespeare?" type excuses.

Deadpool proves you can make a film thats ridiculous and self aware yet also exciting, funny and bloody good fun. Or for something slightly more serious, go the Kong: Skull Island route and go all out for monster thrills. This was neither one thing nor the other. Just a tepid compromise.

A Movie that I would take a Taxi in the opposite direction from the Cinema to avoid watching.
"Jaws" said it all. Done.

Was looking forward to it but just read a BBC report that pours doubt on realism. Meg in the film is 25m long but scientific experts say evidences suggest that they only grew to a maximum of 18m.

How could the film makers miss that - it just removes all the credibility. :):):)

I will definitely be going to see it though.

Cheers,

Nigel

Went in not expecting much but it was actually ok... but damn them adverts... film ones or anything to do with cinema fine.. but the rest need nipping in the bud.. sat there for unnecessary 30 mins after film was due to start.. but film was more entertaining than other films I've seen this year 6/7 /10

If anyone hasn't read the series of books by Steve Alten I would highly recommend they do over the film!

I have to see the film purely for my love of the book, but I have little in the hope it will offer me the same level of enjoyment. I'm going in with little to no expectations and hoping to be surprised.

Hopefully the studio will include the R rated version on the blu Ray

Went in not expecting much but it was actually ok... but damn them adverts... film ones or anything to do with cinema fine.. but the rest need nipping in the bud.. sat there for unnecessary 30 mins after film was due to start.. but film was more entertaining than other films I've seen this year 6/7 /10

^ I guess you haven't seen much then.

TBF it's been a while since I last went to the cinema before seeing MI Fallout, but wow they are bad. What made it worse was "AND NOW YOUR FILM PRESENTATION!!"......after this Audi advert.

I might see this next week, dunno. I might well be bored enough to give it a go.

^ I guess you haven't seen much then.

I've seen a few films... but felt like something where I didn't have to concentrate... AND without being hyped up... tbh... I'm a massive horror film fanatic and after the jibber jabber and gum flapping about how great Hereditary was and EVEN comparing it to the Exorcist I was massively disappointed.. And in an old post said it shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as that great film.. so felt like seeing something I didn't have to take seriously and yes it was corny / cheese but was entertaining enough ..like Rampage earlier this yr sort of knew what was going to happen but enjoyed that too..

Watched this last night on the Superscreen, its brilliant (in a pointless stupid brainless way) Thoroughly enjoyed the chomp fest :D

I’ll be steering well clear of this film....when I first saw the trailer at the cinema the title put me right off......’The Meg’....kept on reminding me of Meg from Family Guy lol
It was better than expected, in our liking and opinion, we just go to the movie and have fun, crowing down on popcorn.

Watched this yesterday, what a let down. I was really looking forward to seeing this but it was very poor. No sense of urgency, corny acting and one liners. No chemistry between Statham or the lead female bing bing. The film was obviously thrown together to appeal to an Asian market much in the way Skyscraper was done. It must have been financed by that market. Wasn't remotely intense, been done better before with the Shallows and previously the deep blue sea. I'd wait for the blu ray and save your money.

Saw it today with the missus and the kid
More plot holes than a block of swiss cheese, that been shot by a shot gun
No cliche left unexplored
Plastic 2d characters (literally in one case)
Ham fisted dialogue

And we enjoyed every minute........:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

More plot holes than a block of swiss cheese, that been shot by a shot gun
No cliche left unexplored
Plastic 2d characters (literally in one case)
Ham fisted dialogue

And we enjoyed every minute........:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Watched it with the wife tonight and couldn't agree more, great fun bonkers b movie!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom