The Media Factory

P

Porrm

:eek: I'm not Impressed!

After lots of people mentioned the media factory on this forum I gave Joe a ring to order some cables.

I was expecting this to be a straight forward affair with me telling him what I wanted, paying for it and then him sending them to me! How wrong I was!

It's now 11 days and numerous phone calls later (Joe promising to come back to me each time) and here is the current state of play:

I finally get a phonecall yesterday to say that they will email me an estimate and then since they don't accept credit cards (WHAT!!!) I will have to either to a bank transfer or send a cheque!!

Now I don't know why but I agreed to this but guess what, still no email! Unbeleivable

This is no way to run a business. I will now be going elsewhere!!

Porrm:(

Maybe you should of emailed them first?

I emailed them got a reply a few hours later with some suggestions and a quote in excel format from Colin Fraser.

Cheque sent yesterday and will let you know when my cables arrive.

3 x component cable
1 x composite cable
1 x S Video cable

All 10m in length using Van Damme cable all for £70.66 inclusive of vat and p+p.

I couldn't make them myself for that !!

I had no problems, e-mailed Joe with my requirements, received a quote within a couple of days, and sent a cheque in the post.
A couple of days later I received a phone call to say they had received the cheque and they informed me of the delivery day, all in all just over a week.
Received the cable on the day and I was impressed with the quality of workmanship I would recommend them to anyone
:)

I originally talked to Joe by phone, he was very interested in all aspects of AV, not just his job I think.
He told me to email with my requirements, I did this, received the invoice in the post, sent cheque back for £42 for very good quality 10 metre componant cables, this all took just over a week.
I have recommended them several times, and will be using them again.

I know it seems dated not having credit card facilites, but at the price and quality I dont think they coud be beaten.

I have to agree that the best way to contact them is via e-mail. Joe is very busy so he can be quite difficult to get hold of by phone! I did a bank transfer without any problems for my 10m component cables - credit cards cost the retailer money to process so they are passing the savings on to us by only using cheques!

I've recommemded them to several people and Joe has even helped my brother get the correct cables for his new Bryston kit.

Colin was very helpful when I went to see them. Joe organised it for me. I have found them to be a good company coming at AV from the professional end. I think you must just be a bit unlucky with this one.

Just to keep you up to date, I still have not received the promised email quote and I did email them my requirements at the beginning after my first phone call!

I was still willing to give them a go but if they won't even send me a quote!!

Porrm:confused:

and Joe is a member of this forum, so we'll see what is said.

Joe helped me on a full kit out.
yep, lack of credit card is a pain, but I accepted it.
I think Joe works from home, and perhaps acts as an agent for TMF, focussing on the AV side.

He has had soe many recommendations thru this forum, maybe he is rushed off his feet as mentioned.

I emailed a request over at 17:30 Friday last week. They replied lunchtime yesterday.

just a hiccup by the look of it.

Once I sort out exactly which Scart to RGB cable I need (by watching another thread closly) I'll be sending of my cheque.

My Sony CX-850 DVD autochanger has an RGB capable scart output unlike its big brother the 860 that has component out.

I want to connect it to my Sony 10HT LCD projector using the component inputs.

There is another thread from somebody wanting to do the same thing and there is a slight differenence in opinion on how to achieve it. One method was R, G, B and a composite into four cables. Another was to wire pins 11 and 19 with a 50-ohm resistor and end up with three cables.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom