• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Matterhorn of The North

1080 jawbreaker

Weather is looking a lousy this weekend so heres the pic i took last week. sans misty morning :(

Got a write error on the memory card and the recovery option didnt work which was annoying as after this pic the farmer started muck spreading in his tractor in the field to the left out of shot, the light was stunning, got giddy just look through the evf, then annoyed af with the write to card fail. Its happened before so i know all pics up to that point are fine. The first time it happen i was in New York and on the final day threw up the failed to write and failed recovery error. I though i had lost 4 days worth of pix i wanted to cry 😂

DSC07342-2.jpg

bumped up the contrast n a few other bits n bobs, had to reduce the the sky exposure with grad filter and luminosity mask. Ive also bumped the road texture and constrast up to 11 :) using a basic mask. All done in lightroom.

theres a tiny spec upper right, its a single seater airplane. i didnt want to remove it :)

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Nice photos, and I like the composition. Probably a bit too much clarity/contrast for my taste but nice nonetheless.

Have you sorted out the write error issue? Usually these occur if you delete images from the card rather than formatting in camera to clear the card.

Where is the "Matterhorn of the North"?

1080 jawbreaker

Nice photos, and I like the composition. Probably a bit too much clarity/contrast for my taste but nice nonetheless.

Have you sorted out the write error issue? Usually these occur if you delete images from the card rather than formatting in camera to clear the card.

Where is the "Matterhorn of the North"?

sometimes i'll delete on the go in camera. it suck the camera cant over come this issue though, its not as if the file system has got corrupted.

Matterhorn of the north, Newton under Roseberry. "Roseberry Topping" North Yorkshire

snerkler

Distinguished Member
sometimes i'll delete on the go in camera. it suck the camera cant over come this issue though, its not as if the file system has got corrupted.

Matterhorn of the north, Newton under Roseberry. "Roseberry Topping" North Yorkshire
TBH all cameras can be prone to card failure/corruption if files are deleted off the card rather than formatting the card, it's not just yours. It is annoying that this can happen, although you're unlucky if it does. This is why I always write to two cards though, and also format rather than delete.

Marika

Sure is a lovely composition and nice autumnal photo. But like Toby said, maybe a touch over edited :) That composition though, spot on.

Marika

Yeah, I should have slept on the edit, it can look a bit garish the next day.

Don't worry about it. I fall for it every now and then. You just think.. a bit more, a bit more, ohhh, that's nice! And then two weeks later it happens to hit you in the corner of your eye and you go.. omg what was I thinking?! 🤭 Editing software is so awesome these days. Especially the newest version of Lightroom. I sometimes spend and hour just editing a few photos, returning them back to original and trying another edit. It's fun :)

Marika

And tbh, looking at it, all I would probably do is just take the yellow down a notch and bring the shadows up another. It's not 'that' much over :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom