The Matrix: Revolutions R1 Review

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
MatrixRevolutionsR1.jpg

We take an early look at the R1 release of The Matrix: Revolutions due for release on Tuesday the 6th.

Read the review Here

MovietymeLogo.jpg

I thought the series started on a high but went down hill for there on in. Reloaded had some very good set pieces and I was looking forwards to a better finish to the series than arrived. One of the big disappointment of last year.

Although be getting them all when they come out in a box set

I haven't seen Reloaded or Revolutions, i'm saving myself for the boxed set when it arrives, theyv'e already produced 12 extra hours of extra's for this boxed set and there will be more.

I hope but very much doubt that DTS audio is provided for the boxed set (( Warners please i beg you ))

My original region 1 edition of The Matrix is unwatchable, it was the first disc i ever bought back in September 1999 when i first got into dvd and it has disc rot :( so a boxset suits me just fine :)

Originally posted by FoxyMulder
I hope but very much doubt that DTS audio is provided for the boxed set (( Warners please i beg you ))

Dream on....:boring:

I'd rather have a directors (fix) cut than DTS on this one :)

I'd rather take the red pill and wake up in a world where neither sequel existed.

The first movie is fantastic, but the two sequels are overlong and meandering. Both could have been made quite easily into one movie IMO. Revolutions especially is really only a 3rd act.

"Revolutions especially is really only a 3rd act"

:eek: :eek: :eek: There was acting in it?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Stace :D

Originally posted by richard plumb
I'd rather take the red pill and wake up in a world where neither sequel existed.

The first movie is fantastic, but the two sequels are overlong and meandering. Both could have been made quite easily into one movie IMO. Revolutions especially is really only a 3rd act.
The second had some good set scenes (especially once you got past the mass dance scene, at which point I really did almost fall asleep) i.e. the court yard and the motorway (although there was a hole in the continuity with the sword on the side of the truck). It also had some great music in it. But the fight scenes with Neo and Agent Smith were so boring in the third also the ending was a bit of a miss mash.

well - I actually enjoyed the 3rd one!! I thought the fight scene between Smith & Neo at the end was much better than the Neo vs. 100's Smiths in Reloaded. It at least had some venom to it, whereas the Reloaded one felt like a dance routine at times!

I think I'm in the minority on this one - I enjoyed, have only seen it the once, and I'll reserve my overall judgement 'til I watch it again.

Cheers

[ Revolutions especially is really only a 3rd act. [/B][/QUOTE]

Of course it is only a 3rd act, it is the third part of a three part story. How could it be anything else?

These films never seemed to me to be intended as whole stories within themselves. Next you'll be saying Fellowship of the Ring was only a first act.

Personally I'll be looking for a 6.1 mix (preferably DTS Discrete) in the box set.

Originally posted by Sammy Jankis
Personally I'll be looking for a 6.1 mix (preferably DTS Discrete) in the box set.

You'll have a very long wait then mate...Warners have ststed that, after the debacle of the Lethal Weapons', Twister & Interview With A Vampire, there will be no more dts Warners discs.

Of course it is only a 3rd act, it is the third part of a three part story. How could it be anything else?

These films never seemed to me to be intended as whole stories within themselves. Next you'll be saying Fellowship of the Ring was only a first act.

I do not know if it was planed originally as a trilogy but The Matrix stood on its own. Whereas Reloaded was obviously part one of a two part story.

At the end of The Matrix Neo said something like 'I'm coming to get you'. The machines were not defeated and the battle was only just beginning. I think they left it open for a sequel or two when they made it just in case it was successful enough. Having said that they had to make the first one a sort of standalone in case it didn't make it to sequel status.

Reloaded and Revolutions should have been named Reloaded part 1 and part 2

At the end of The Matrix Neo said something like 'I'm coming to get you'.
Yes it was sort of left open but you would have been satisfied if no one mentioned a sequel and did not leave you with the feeling of what happened next. As the way the first film ended you took Neo to be nearly all powerful and would easily kick the machines butts. And the machines greatest weapon Agent Smith was dead or whatever became of that program.

I enjoyed all three films at a certain level but the first holds it's head well and truly above the other two for 1 reason.

Does every one remember when you found out what the Matrix was and thought 'what the f:eek: :eek: k'

The story/concept hit a phsycological nerve and is what made the first film, not special effects.

How many of you came out of the cinema from Reloaded thinking that the story did not go where you had anticipated it to go?

The next two films just tried to make up for the lack of story with bigger bolder special effects. IMO:rolleyes:

I watched it today and have to say it was a dissapointment.

absolute pants - who were coolest in the original? Smith and Morpheus. who were reduced to bit parts in these sequals?

Who cared about what happened to the people in Zion? Why should we?

Where was the plot? where was the intrigue

a real case of cgi over substance

What fills me with dread is the fact that they left the door ajar for more episodes - but if they do make them I won't be bothering

IMHO the biggest waste of a character was the Merovingian.

In the second film with the "He used to be like you" comment from Persephone to Neo, I had high hopes about the Frenchman maybe being an earlier iteration of The One.

The implications of that could have been very interesting plotwise, plus of course the potential for some further good action sequences involving him.

Ditto for Seraph - another intriguing character who was criminally underused.

I enjoyed the films as a whole, but think that a huge opportunity has been missed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom