The Matrix Resurrections 4K Dolby Vision Blu-ray Review & Comments

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Looked stunning, had the potential to be fun with the meta stuff, but then had not one moment of anything memorable. Plus constant flashbacks to the first and better film was just odd and so frequent was annoying.
I made the mistake of watching the extras. It was insulting to hear Lana made the action scenes up as they went along rather than plan anything. No wonder the fights were crap and the action forgettable. What a shame

Looked stunning, had the potential to be fun with the meta stuff, but then had not one moment of anything memorable. Plus constant flashbacks to the first and better film was just odd and so frequent was annoying.
I made the mistake of watching the extras. It was insulting to hear Lana made the action scenes up as they went along rather than plan anything. No wonder the fights were crap and the action forgettable. What a shame
Flashbacks to a better film is never a good idea. Then unplanned fight scenes?

Given what else I’ve read about this shower of sh**e it seems to me Lana is just sticking a big middle finger to Warner and HBO.

Flashbacks to a better film is never a good idea. Then unplanned fight scenes?

Given what else I’ve read about this shower of sh**e it seems to me Lana is just sticking a big middle finger to Warner and HBO.
Why give Lana the credit? Everything apart from the original Matrix has been a shower of sh**e from them

I quite liked V for Vendetta and Bound. Everything else has been varying gradations of poor to p*ss poor.

I quite liked V for Vendetta and Bound. Everything else has been varying gradations of poor to p*ss poor.

Cloud atlas too.

Jupiter Ascending is possibly my worst most disappointing experience of my life. Also the most expensive at £27 IMAX Waterloo.

5 :eek:
so wanted it to be good.
having waited for F9, will now consign myself to waiting for this on Sky

It’s the type of sequel where the only enjoyment to be gotten out of it at all is in waiting for the next reference to the original to pop up, and while it looks and sounds pretty good there isn’t a scene in the entire film to even remotely resemble the lobby sequence from the first in terms of raw excitement.

5 is generous. More of a 3 or 4 at best. The only thing I liked is the meta narrative/illusion. There’s no excuse to not have any semblance of decent action - when it was one of the foundations of the original trilogy - when (as you say @Mark Costello ) Keanu can still cut it, as evidenced by the ongoing John wick series. He may not be as flexible in his legs but I’m sure he could do a bit more hand to hand combat as opposed to his Jedi force schtick.

A perfect review and summary of this film, although (very sadly) on reflection it’s a 3.5 film at best and not even a 5.0

Bound & the first Matrix are their only good films (although I do enjoy some of the action scenes in Reloaded & Revolutions).

They wrote the screenplay & are co-producers on V for Vendetta. They didn’t direct it.

Why give Lana the credit? Everything apart from the original Matrix has been a shower of sh**e from them
I’m not saying they aren’t. They are both highly overrated, and to me shows the rumours/conspiracy of how The Matrix came about.

What I’m saying is Lana’s was strong armed into making this and had many requests denied. Again not seeing it and never will, but from what I have read and peoples surmising, she’s basically making the point that this is “not my movie, I don’t care about it and look, look at how good the 1st movie was and how great we were then when we had complete control”. I think there are many hidden messages to show this.

Again, not giving Lana credit at all. She should care, and if you’re not going to care about this franchise anymore, walk away and let HBO get someone else to direct just like they threatened.

Just watched this…. What an insult to the original movie!

Im assuming the mention of 5.1 atmos in the audio part is a mistake and should have been 7.1 atmos, correct?

That said, the film should have never been made, its a travesty. The ridiculous "force bubble" Neo does is just embarrassing.
The video and audio is demo worthy though, but the film is so bad, i am not sure how often one would spin the disc up, when we have a release like Dune to demo instead.

I just finished watching Dune on UHD.

I only have a 5.1.2 system, it's a QAcoustics 7000i small speaker package, so nothing high end.

I think the sound on this was possibly the most impressive, immersive thing I've ever played on my system. There's a lot to commend about it overall but the sound blew me away.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom