1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Matrix DVD questions.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by one_jedi, Jun 19, 2003.

1. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking if getting a new copy of the Matrix becasue a) only have the UK cut version and B) my copy is really mucked up. So basically should I get the Region 1 version or the Region 4 version. I hear the region 4 version has a slightly better picture and being pal won't have the slight jerkiness like the NTSC, it also has a normal case.

However I can get the Region 1 way easier from any number of the sites which do the region 1 DVD's, plus the NTSC version is at the proper speed, not that speed really bothers or I notice me but I suppose it is plus for Region 1.

So my questions are would you really advise getting the R4 version or does it not really matter? Is the R4 picture really better?. Finally where is the best place to get R4 dvd's from, or specifically R4 Matrix? I don't suppose any region one or multiregion sites sell the R4 matrix? DC-DVD does but at £21 and 7-9 days to be delivered I might as well get it from OZ. So are there any sites that sell DVD' specially to the UK that have the R4 matrix or anywhere else?

If not then what is a good Australia site to get it from. I heard Ezy DVD is excellent but i'm pretty sure they don't accept switch or things like that or PayPal. I really would prefer somewhere that doesn't just accept credit cards. The only place I have found I think is Devoted DVD who seem pretty cheap and accept pay pal. Any other recomendations?

2. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would wait as supposedly there is going to be a box set off all three Matrix films next year and the rumour is they are going to improve the picture and sound quality of the original.

If you really want it now though then I have got the Region 1 version which is fine, the image is a bit grainy compared to todays standards but the sound is pretty good and overall it is still a very enjoyable viewing experience. I have not seen the R4 version of it but I am sure others will comment soon.

3. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    I changed my R2 copy for R4 and the picture quality is a little better than the R2. Plus the R4 doesn't have a poxy Snapper case.

Got mine from EzyDVD.

4. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1