The Matador

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by sleepyone, Mar 8, 2006.

1. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Me and a mate were at a loose end this weekend so decided we would take in a movie. We couldn't decide between Date Movie or Syriana so went for The Matador instead :D

Didn't really know what to expect from this TBH but was plesantly surprised.
    There's not an awful lot of action in this, the bulk of the film being the intereaction between the two leads.

Pierce Brosnan was good playing away from the James Bond type as an womanising, slightly sleasy assassin who's lost his way in the world.

Greg Kinner was great though as the salesman unwittingly getting involved with Pierces shady dealings .

Both these actors make you care about the characters and I actually couldn't care less about any action, just looking forward to when they both appeared on screen for abit of banter. Some of Brosnans lines are just so crude and un-PC the whole cinema couldn't help but chuckle along together.

Recommended
    3&1/2 out of 5 :smashin:

2. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503
    I really liked this movie. Mr Brosnan plays the part really well. Loads of laughs and entertainment. 8.5/10 :)

3. r47463

r47463
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought it was an excellent film. There are only about 4 characters in the film. It's almost a TV movie but Brosnan makes this film - he has a great role which he pulls off really well. With phrases like "facilitator of fatalities", it had me entertained all the way through.

4. enablerbro1

enablerbro1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    It's the best thing Brosnan has done since the Fourth Protocol, easily.

5. klacey

klacey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    Wonder how many takes they had to do for that. Dvd gag reel could be good.:D