• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Matador

sleepyone

Me and a mate were at a loose end this weekend so decided we would take in a movie. We couldn't decide between Date Movie or Syriana so went for The Matador instead :D

Didn't really know what to expect from this TBH but was plesantly surprised.
There's not an awful lot of action in this, the bulk of the film being the intereaction between the two leads.

Pierce Brosnan was good playing away from the James Bond type as an womanising, slightly sleasy assassin who's lost his way in the world.

Greg Kinner was great though as the salesman unwittingly getting involved with Pierces shady dealings .

Both these actors make you care about the characters and I actually couldn't care less about any action, just looking forward to when they both appeared on screen for abit of banter. Some of Brosnans lines are just so crude and un-PC the whole cinema couldn't help but chuckle along together.

Recommended
3&1/2 out of 5 :smashin:

Razor

Distinguished Member
I really liked this movie. Mr Brosnan plays the part really well. Loads of laughs and entertainment. 8.5/10 :)

r47463

Standard Member
I thought it was an excellent film. There are only about 4 characters in the film. It's almost a TV movie but Brosnan makes this film - he has a great role which he pulls off really well. With phrases like "facilitator of fatalities", it had me entertained all the way through.

klacey

r47463 said:
"facilitator of fatalities"
Wonder how many takes they had to do for that. Dvd gag reel could be good.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom