The Masters

I'm going to have an each way pop on Westwood......can't see anyone other than Tiger as winner but I have a feeling Westwood will be close again.

yeah, think tiger will win.

Also think Rose has a great chance.

I've done Kuchar and also Kaymer as a outside e/w bet.

im a fan of Westwood but dont think he has any chance

This tournament has been very tough to predict in recent years, and I know Tiger is the favourite and would LOVE him to win again, but the field is so vast it's impossible to pick a winner.

Can't wait to settle in for the weekend though and watch it all unfold.

signs said:
£5 for Westwood in the first 5

What did you get on that? Even money lol.

Be tuning in tonight. About time we ad a Brit win again. Almost been a generation since the last one.

cant really see any of the brits winning.

Mcilroy or McDowell have a good chance though

Went for long shots this year. Fiver each way on the following:
Colsearts: 100/1
Freddie Jacobson 90
Bill Haas 60
H Stenson 60
Poulter 40

Only need 1 to finish top 6 to make profit. Hoping for a winner though!

Woods backed to win @ 4/1 - each way on Rose/Stenson/Bradley/Choi and D A Points

Very happy so far with 1st day scoring - all in the mixer at the moment. (even D A Points @ 225/1)

garcia on fire! 5 under thru 10.

I caved in on betting and spread a tenner very thinly on these outsiders:

Fred Couples 50/1 - £1 EW
David Toms 125/1 - 50p EW
Ryo Ishikawa 200/1 - 50p EW
John Huh 125/1 - 50p EW
KJ Choi 55/1 - £1 EW
Kevin Na 125/1 50p EW
Trevor Immelman 66/1 - £1 EW

I thought Immelman was probably the best pick from that group. Previous winner and at -5 already.

EDIT: Me and my stupid mouth, he's just gone and bogeyed.

Last edited:
Big news today will be a DQ for Tiger. I will shocked if they figure out how he gets away with an illegal drop on 15

But its the Masters and they are generally a law unto themselves.

Big news today will be a DQ for Tiger. I will shocked if they figure out how he gets away with an illegal drop on 15

But its the Masters and they are generally a law unto themselves.

Are you sure - How was it illegal?

Just been reading about tiger, by admitting he dropped 2 yards from original spot I guess he should be DQ

Pathetic penalty. Anyone else would have been disqualified, makes a mockery of the penalty handed to Guan.
'Rules are rules' said Tiger, aye, one rule for you and one for the others.:thumbsdow

Pathetic penalty. Anyone else would have been disqualified, makes a mockery of the penalty handed to Guan.
'Rules are rules' said Tiger, aye, one rule for you and one for the others.:thumbsdow

Yes, should have been packing his bags this morning. The loop hole used to give him 2 stroke penalty doesn't fit with what he did. This wasn't trial by TV for something previously missed during normal course of play, tiger clearly just misinterpreted the rule and therefore dropped illegally and signed his card wrong = DQ

Yes, should have been packing his bags this morning. The loop hole used to give him 2 stroke penalty doesn't fit with what he did. This wasn't trial by TV for something previously missed during normal course of play, tiger clearly just misinterpreted the rule and therefore dropped illegally and signed his card wrong = DQ

Agree 100%. You know, as well as i do, that anyone else would have been out.

Agree 100%. You know, as well as i do, that anyone else would have been out.

Without doubt, even the high profile McIlroy would have went I'm sure.

Flipping the coin, if this had happened to any other player and he only got a 2 shot penalty, there wouldn't be so much controversy. So much Tiger hate, I hope he goes on to win.

Flipping the coin, if this had happened to any other player and he only got a 2 shot penalty, there wouldn't be so much controversy. So much Tiger hate, I hope he goes on to win.

Your maybe right, but when it's the world no1 the spotlight is always there. I still think he should have been disqualified but the committee have put their stance out which I just watched on Sky and they have stated their case well. They have exercised their right to keep him in which is within the rules, but they shouldn't have used that right IMO. I like Tiger and birdie at the 1st shows the strength of the man, pure class.
I would be glad to see him win but routing for McIlroy Westwood and Garcia 1st :)

I'm a massive Tiger fan but if he wins after this, it won't count (in my eyes) as it will be tainted. He should have been DQ'd. The end.

I have 5 E/W on Dufner @ 70/1 from Skybet before it started :)

Crossed Fingers!!!

Tiger and USPGA gone down in my estimation over this sad affair.
Really hope Tiger does not win, would send out the wrong message. After his admission that he dropped the ball 2yds from where he knew he should have, he should have been DQ.

Failing that I think he would have done his rehabilitation a world of good by voluntarily withdrawing from the competition.

No Tiger hate - just Golf love ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom