The Masters 2014

kopchoir

Ex Member
Reaction score
Surprised there is no thread.

Anyone watching ?
I think bubba Watson to go round the course on day one without dropping a shot will put him in good stead for the rest of the tourney.
Conditions with the winds and the greens yesterday were difficult.
So to not drop a shot was something else I know it's early days but might be a close run thing this year.

I'll be keeping an eye...

My dreadful selection policy for the Grand National has led me to try to recover my losses with a flutter on this. I have Watson @ 15/2, McIlroy @ 8/1, Oosterhuizen @ 16/1 & Haas @ 14/1. With any luck one of them will come good.

Leaving any financial gain aside, I;d like to see Rory McIlroy do OK, especially after his meltdown a couple of years ago.

Travesty there's only 2 posts in this thread! The game of Kings this!

Tricky to pick out a winner at this point. Bubba is struggling, and about 6 or 7 waiting to pounce.

Sky have run it for the first three days on Sports4 which means only SD quality for use Virgin subscribers. At least BBC had it in HD yesterday. I'm surprised Sky did not run it on HD1 or HD2 given that it is one of the years premier sporting events.

Given Watson can be frail and that scoring has been generally high anyone from 15 or so could win it tonight. I'll be watching in HD!

Sky have run it for the first three days on Sports4 which means only SD quality for use Virgin subscribers. At least BBC had it in HD yesterday. I'm surprised Sky did not run it on HD1 or HD2 given that it is one of the years premier sporting events.

Given Watson can be frail and that scoring has been generally high anyone from 15 or so could win it tonight. I'll be watching in HD!
Probably because some would feel they needed to watch it in HD and move to sky.
They seem to be wackily out deals left right and centre.

I hope Jiminez can have a blinder and get the jacket still going for Watson.
But that young lad spieght (spell) has had an unreal tournament.

I'm watching it but I don't seem to have the same interest when Tiger isn't playing. The final day of any major is always worth watching though.

It's not been that great. Not much movement at the top except for Spieth and Bubba trading places. No Tiger and many of the big names missing the cut or being off the pace always takes the shine off.

Yes I'm sticking with it but something missing this year.

Bubba played great.

Lacked the excitement of last year when there were four guys in contention with two holes to play, two birdies on the 18th, the playoff in the dark and Scott's birdie in the rain to win it which was one of the best sporting moments of 2013.

Bit of an anti climax tonight.

The Brits failed to mount a challenge and Bubba romped home in the end.

Was all over with 3-4 holes to play.

it was going to be hard for anyone to catch bubba after that amazing first round
i was backing mcilroy and kind of last interest when he was out of contention

Good old Bubba!! I cleared £16 - not enough to retire on, but made up for what I lost on the National :)

Can't help feel if I hadn't have a vested interest I may not have been as interested....

Can't help feel if I hadn't have a vested interest I may not have been as interested....

Too true. That was the dullest masters I can remember. Apart from bubba driving and Patrick reed falling on his fat arse the only thing of interest was the Jimenez, couples and langer old boys club. They are remarkable.

Agree with that. I don't think Tiger's absence helped, but I I don't remember any wonder shots or excitement either. It lacked fizz this year, quite a dull affair by the end. A real shame as I love my golf.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom