The Masons

7ewis

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any AV Forums members are masons? Im am just curious as to what they actually do, why it's so secret etc.

I know your not allowed to say, but I just want to look at the public info.

It seems like they are like a club that has a good front because they help charities with the money they earn?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know your not allowed to say, but I just want to look at the public info.

It seems like they are like a big drug dealing, mafia sort of club that has a good front because they help charities with the money they earn?

Crikey!!! :eek:

That's a hell of a statement. Is there any evidence to support that?

And if they're not allowed to say, what do you expect to learn?

Well I'm just guessing :p I don't have evidence, but I just can't understand why they are so secret, if they were doing something legal I don't see why they would be hiding it.

I'm just interested! See what info I can get :p

PmSonic said:
How about doing an anonymous poll?

Yeah could do, but I thought that they didn't mind people knowing, and I would need to make a new thread:/

Ok thanks:)

Theres a few good threads on Reddit about the Masons.....comes across as a club for the boys doing similar things to the Rotary Club with a few eccentricities!

7ewis said:
Well I'm just guessing :p I don't have evidence, but I just can't understand why they are so secret, if they were doing something legal I don't see why they would be hiding it.

I'm just interested! See what info I can get :p

Its called privacy and the ability to do things that are not illegal, but dont need to be explained to anyone else.

Just because Masons dont tell anyone what they do, why would you view it as suspicious?

The "if you have nothing to hide" argument is weak, flawed and basically is not be anyone else's business.

shade_of_meta said:
Theres a few good threads on Reddit about the Masons.....comes across as a club for the boys doing similar things to the Rotary Club with a few eccentricities!

Like it !

Yeah but it's just the secret part of it, I want to know! :p

Ok I'll have a look:)

What's your Reddit username?

I think its private rather than secret, but remember, Google is your friend.

Think secretive rather than secret. Many bodies keep their inner workings away from the public eye. There's nothing new nor sinister in that.

Yeah if you put it that way it seems better, do you think they would 'kill' someone to keep their doings secret or secretive/private? Because I jut can't believe their info hasn't become available to the public, via the Internet anyway.

Yeah if you put it that way it seems better, do you think they would 'kill' someone to keep their doings secret or secretive/private? Because I jut can't believe their info hasn't become available to the public, via the Internet anyway.

Have you been read one Dan Brown novel too many? What big secret do you think is out there ?

My fathers a mason, he only got involved when he retired and has worked his way up to head up the local group. As others have said it's a multi faith social club. Lots of large 4 course charity dinners, that enjoys its formal dinners and events. Like all clubs they have traditions, a uniform and rituals that a quick google will explain all. Back in the 70's there were instances of masons helping each other out in business, so you could almost think of it as a union for the white collar worker and management.

What leads you to think they would kill anyone ? Ask any mason and they will be happy to tell you what goes on.

Last edited:
As Dunwa says - just a good excuse for a night out with the boys.

By the way, they are called freemasons, not actual masons. A mason is a person whose job involves working with stone or brick in real building. I think freemasons regard themselves as speculative masons (dealing with philosophical and symbolic building of morals and ethical principles).

Freemasonry can be considered esoteric because various aspects of it are private. It is not a secret society - if it was you would not know about it!

Er... I am not a freemason.

:D

It seems like they are like a big drug dealing, mafia sort of club that has a good front because they help charities with the money they earn?

No, it isn't a mafia. A bit of a boys club yes but they do am awful lot for charity.
My partner is a member and my father was.

I know what really goes on..... (Surprised nobody posted this already, and I'm sure you've all been expecting it sooner or later!)

That's a bit rude.

LOL@ the OP with talk of drug dealing and mafia?!

the masons are not that secret and I have asked my neighbour who is fairly high up in a couple groups and he is more than happy to talk about what they do, when they meet etc.

TBH it sounds like more of a boys club with some charity work here and there and generally nice people trying to help others out.

do you think they would 'kill' someone to keep their doings secret or secretive/private?

I guess if you suddenly stop posting we'll have the answer to that one.

Decadence said:
That's a bit rude.

I don't mean it in a rude way, I can't have an opinion on what they do because I dont know, I can only guess.

Are there any disadvantages of being a mason then? If you get business opportunities etc.

I don't mean it in a rude way, I can't have an opinion on what they do because I dont know, I can only guess.

Are there any disadvantages of being a mason then? If you get business opportunities etc.

I wouldnt say that there are any disadvantages. Most freemasons are business folk or retired business folk.... but not all. You have to be well regarded within your local society- they dont let just anyone join etc. No matter your faith- you have to be a believer in God..... it is open to all religions and creeds.

The main disadvantage is peoples lack of knowledge as in what goes on etc. Alot of folk up here (scotland) beleive its and orange/protestant thing.... which it isnt. So for that reason it carries a bit of stigma!

Its called privacy and the ability to do things that are not illegal, but dont need to be explained to anyone else.

Just because Masons dont tell anyone what they do, why would you view it as suspicious?

The "if you have nothing to hide" argument is weak, flawed and basically is not be anyone else's business.

A bit like the Travidians then? :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom