1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The Mask"

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by cinemagary, May 13, 2005.

1. cinemagary

cinemagary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    just recieved the New Line Platinum edition of "The Mask" starring Jim Carey it has DTS sound and is enhanced for 16:9, ordered it on Tuesday form cd-wow and it arrived today (Friday) :thumbsup: its not due out till May 17th. Its not the best film in the world it was a bargain at £9.99,well done cd-wow for speed of service and value for money :D

2. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not a great bargain. Dvdsoon have it for £6.70. Less for icard holders.

3. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    thought about customs and postage and time to wait for delivery? personally id spend an extra few quid on gettin it from cdwow

4. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    customs on £6.70?

5. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Why would you need to think about customs?. In the sale it was going for £5 before discount!, it's not exactly a must have new blockbuster release is it so most would rather save the cash and wait for delivery.

6. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A very good release of a good film

7. oatmeal

oatmeal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Home of the worst postal system in the world.
    Ratings:
    +15
    Isn't CD-Wow Hong Kong? Surely there is no difference between shipping from HK and USA?

8. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Well he's not comparing shipping from HK and the US is he, he's comparing the shipping times from cd wow (HK) and dvd soon (Canada). Btw postage is also free as dvdsoon, not just cd-wow.

9. cinemagary

cinemagary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The point I was making was that I got it 4 days before the release date. Also at CD-WOW 95% of the Region 1 DVD's they supply are USA Region 1 :thumbsup: , they also provide excellent customer service and are really good on shipping, I have never had to wait longer than a week for any title I have ordered. :clap:

10. ash2004

ash2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I got The Mask on 16th May (when the Release Date was 17th May) at a stunning CA$ 10.78 (after 10% discount)....I dont think any other website could give as good a deal....but yes, it was the Canadian version with a little bit of French text....

I have a lot of gripes with DVDSoon, but have now learnt that they are one of the best with Pre-orders....you just have to keep a look-out for the prices....with back-orders of old movies, they are very erratic and can easily take upto 2 months; however, I did get Mars Attacks! for CA$ 4.38 within 10 days of ordering, while others like Manhattan and The Apartment were delayed and I got them after 7 weeks (but at only CA$ 5.68 each)...

CD-WOW are great, but used to be better....recently, I have had a lot of orders delayed in dispatch....my Top Gun R2 SE was dispatched after almost 6 weeks....I had pre-ordered Meet The Fockers R3 almost 5 weeks in advance, but it was dispatched 3 weeks after the release date!!! And their prices are now not very attractive if you don't use fraudulent methods of using 2 discounts together....

Still, I am sure I will be ordering from both the websites for a long time to come unless someone seriously goofs up....

11. cinemagary

cinemagary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    CD-WOW are great, but used to be better....recently, I have had a lot of orders delayed in dispatch....my Top Gun R2 SE was dispatched after almost 6 weeks....I had pre-ordered Meet The Fockers R3 almost 5 weeks in advance, but it was dispatched 3 weeks after the release date!!! And their prices are now not very attractive if you don't use fraudulent methods of using 2 discounts together....

Still, I am sure I will be ordering from both the websites for a long time to come unless someone seriously goofs up....[/QUOTE]

Nearly every title I have ordered from cd-wow has arrived within a week or so and as I collect USA region 1 titles (no french/canadian covers for me!!) :rolleyes: 95% of the titles available from cd-wow are USA R1.
    If there is any doubt as to if the title will have a bi-lingual cover, I order from another website that guarantees USA R1 DVD's only. :thumbsup:

12. brian mc

brian mc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just what is the difference if you have some french/foreign writing on the cover - it's the movie that's important ...non? :rolleyes:

13. mkcheznous

mkcheznous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Je conviens mon ami !

Only an idiot would equate American with English anyway. Color - doh :devil:

14. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Who cares about French text?; the disc/art are the same. Who would be crazy enough to pay a good £5 more per dvd just for the US instead of Canadian release? It's like not buying a film because it has a French dub track :rolleyes: