1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Marriage Between the Subwoofer and Tower Speakers

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by bigscreencrazy, Apr 24, 2005.

1. bigscreencrazy

bigscreencrazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i have pionner vsx-912 with one sub output and Eltax power tower two front with active subwoofers with i joined y splitter as provided.

as i want to add sub, i bought velodyne CHT-8 recentl with interconnect.

i try to connect 2 phono tp one phono adaptor in pionner amp but found veolyne sub auot inactive.

i try to find for a solution through on web and this forum and the followings articles sound might helpful.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/setup/loudspeakers/subwwofertowerspeakers.php

http://www.eltax.com/documents/manuals/LRPTDKUK.pdf

http://www.velodyne.com/velodyne/products/manuals/CHT-8_CHT-12.pdf

please need help.

bigscreen

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I would ignore the subs on the power towers and just use the Velo as your only sub. I would imagine that the velo will be better then the power towers anyway.

3. bigscreencrazy

bigscreencrazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for the advise. i swift off the power and off the sub. if power on , it seems music much better.it that mean floor standing are not good and used up extra power.

come on there must be a way why people are using two subs.

bigscreen

4. JBL 4645

JBL 4645
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Eltax tower sub bass units nice…yes use the velo sub bass for the LFE…
    Nice Pioneer AVR too use the pre-outputs on the Pioneer left centre and right going to the Eltax sub bass towers…now this may be a little difficult to get three outputs going to these tower subs… :thumbsup:

So hear the answer mixing…now if you buy a multi-channel audio mixer like what I’m doing for all the low end and the LFE .1 channel too sounds like I’ve gone over your head…fear not very easy….

I have had a look on the Ebay and I see an audio mixer starting off price at £00.99p

Hears the page… :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23785&item=7317370042&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

If you can get hold of it…and hears what to do…

Plug the left and right in to inputs channel 1 / 2 and the centre into input channel 3 for the stereo sub bass turn the pan pots on the mixer for left bass pan to left side and the output leads from the mixer send it to the left tower sub bass via a long rca phone cable…

And for the right set the pan pot to the right sending the bass to the output and again
    Use a long rca phone lead going the sub bass tower…

Now for the centre channel low bass output do not turn the pan pot on channel 3 leave it in the centre position as this will send the bass signal output to left and right…

And if you what more low end output form the stereo surrounds send the pre-outputs from the left and right surrounds to channels 4 and 5 on the mixer and adjust the pan pots pan left to left and the right pan pot to right sending outputs to the sub bass towers…

And if you use the faders to adjust the outputs…you can custom set the faders but you must keep the for the stereo fronts at the same level the centre at a different level…and the stereo surrounds keeping the level at the same…

You can adjust the maximum output so it doesn’t over load the sub bass towers

And there is a master fader that adjusts all channels….

If puzzled give I a call by Email and this does work it takes practice… :smashin:

Ashley… :)

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I agree with Dfour that the best course of action would be to switch off the internal subs in the Eltax speakers and just use the Velodyne.

Speakers containing their own subwoofers are notoriously difficult to integrate properly which is why most manufacturers don't bother trying and I am sure that you will find that the quality of bass from one well setup Velodyne subwoofer will be better than from the internal Eltax subs anyway.

6. bigscreencrazy

bigscreencrazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for kind advice folks.

it seems that i had better to swift off snb on tower speakers.and set front small, central small and surround small. chane LFE to 150 or 200 and left velodye to do all the job.

if i swift on subs in tower, it seems bass sound more blend and more clearly sound on musics.

not simple marriage betw power toewr subs and new sub.

bigscreen

:) knowledge is one thing but practicable is another

7. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    put the subs crossover at max and use the amp crossover at 80 or 100.