The Map of Tiny Perfect Things (Amazon) Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I havent seen this yet but it reads very similar to Palm Springs (2020) which was also an enjoyable time loop romp with a guy who had been in it for a while meets someone else who now is also in it with him.

I havent seen this yet but it reads very similar to Palm Springs (2020) which was also an enjoyable time loop romp with a guy who had been in it for a while meets someone else who now is also in it with him.

Palm Springs is a Better movie

Might have to check out Palm Springs then as I found this to be a rather lovely, and charming movie.

Palm Springs is a bit more down to earth than The Map of Tiny Things, but both offerings can be described as being typical of Amazon Prime's diverse choice of movie and TV show content which vary from excellent to the well below average productions commonly found on most free streaming sites.

Palm Springs, on the surface, adopts an irreverent approach to the Groundhog Day formula - with Andy Sandberg doing his best to be shocking and outrageous - but ultimately reverts to classical rom-com territory (no matter how much it tries to suggest otherwise). As a modern take on the Murray/Ramis classic, it does the job very well but maybe not as ‘edgy’ as it proposes to be.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed Tiny Things...but will definately take a look at Palm Springs :)
I prefer Palm Springs over this, regret watching this one.

Thanks for the review, Cas. I've popped it onto my to watch list.

Probably agree with Cas on this one. Not a brilliant film but good lighthearted entertainment. I quite like the Groundhog type of movie so will have to try Palm Springs.

The second person addition in the loop was a nice variation. I thought they might have teased a bit more of her messing with him at the beginning.

Probably agree with Cas on this one. Not a brilliant film but good lighthearted entertainment. I quite like the Groundhog type of movie so will have to try Palm Springs.

The second person addition in the loop was a nice variation. I thought they might have teased a bit more of her messing with him at the beginning.

The only thing that seemed to soil the movie for me was
the fact they kept bringing the dog up and ended with knocking on the owners door and then it cuts off before it opens properly, if they had left that house scene out it would have been great but that kind of stuff just pees me off

It might be due to the serious lack of decent new content recently, but i really enjoyed this movie and loved the sound track. If it had been the 90s i would have gone to hmv/our price and brought the sound track.

It might be due to the serious lack of decent new content recently, but i really enjoyed this movie and loved the sound track. If it had been the 90s i would have gone to hmv/our price and brought the sound track.
I don't put it down to a lack of new stuff - it was genuinely a good watch. Ok, the time loop premise isn't new, but it was a charming, really entertaining film. Kathryn Newton was very good in particular. I've recommended it to several friends who had a great time with it too.

Thanks again Cas. We watched it this afternoon & thoroughly enjoyed it. Without your Review, we might well have never checked it out. :thumbsup:

Thanks Cas. Will check this out later tonight after just finishing Palm Springs. Enjoy the different imaginations of groundhog day.

Loved it. Not original by any means but very enjoyable.

7/10 Gonna have to check out Palm Springs now... :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom