The Mandalorian Season 2 (Disney Plus) TV Show Review & Comments

This narrative is as much as a conspiracy as the subject you refer to, but each of us can and should have our own opinion on that, based on doing their own research hopefully.
It's fact she shared QAnon material on Twitter and Parler - so while Shapiro will accuse Dem Ilhan Omar of perpetuating anti-Semitic tropes with her bringing up US support of Israel, he lets such tropes slide with Carano.

It's fact she shared QAnon material on Twitter and Parler - so while Shapiro will accuse Dem Ilhan Omar of perpetuating anti-Semitic tropes with her bringing up US support of Israel, he lets such tropes slide with Carano.
Yes, he has clear conservative bias. That’s obvious. What is baffling is that no one can recognise the bias when it’s coming from the other side. It’s even more obvious than his.

Yes, he has clear conservative bias. That’s obvious. What is baffling is that no one can recognise the bias when it’s coming from the other side. It’s even more obvious than his.
What "more obvious" examples do you have in mind that "no one can recognise"?

Can't believe there's still argument over Gina cancelling herself.

No-one else is to blame but Gina. You reap what you sow.

No-one else is to blame but Gina. You reap what you sow.
Yes, apparently now the people dying or fighting for warmth, food and water in large parts of Texas, reaped what they sowed because they majority voted a Republican State for the last 20 years, according to one Marina Sirtis. Ironic considering the real message Gina Carano was clumsily trying to convey, in the Social Media post that proved the final straw for her recent employers.

I didn't get to the end to be honest, absolutely dreadful video and presentation. Like two scallies in my local park.

But I heard enough to know it's nothing I haven't heard 100 times already since she cancelled herself.

Check this out! She's stunningly beautiful, plays all the instruments and there's some I don't even know the name of! Apologies if already shared.
Love you Gina! X

Let's just say he is not my favourite person and I usually disagree with him 9/10 times. But you obviously know him well enough to know that his opinions are largely formed from his religious background. I also know exactly what Carano wrote, I understand his explanation of "exactly" what she said and I know that he would be leading the mob if he thought it was anti-semitic, right leaning or not.

Sadly the media (as usual) is just parroting the party line yet very few of them are actually publishing exactly what she said. Was it unwise? Most definitely. But then Pedro Pascal did an actual comparison with camps a few years a go but he seems to be OK. Why is that do you think? Anyway she needs some advisors because she keeps digging holes for herself.
You seem to be trying to form some sort of apology for Carano, or doing some hand wringing around the subject.

I tend to agree with what others have said on here; if you are in the public eye, don't wade in negatively on sensitive issues and don't invoke the Nazis or the Holocaust. Full stop. And I'm not a fan of political correctness and ironically, Jewish people will put up with a mega-ton of aggressive comments and hatred and not take offence or call people out.

Sorry, bank on topic:

I wonder if Mandalorian will remain a Disney+ favourite after many more of the new Star Wars and Marvel shows launch...

You seem to be trying to form some sort of apology for Carano, or doing some hand wringing around the subject.
I don't want or need to defend her. I'm simply calling out the hypocrisy and duplicitous reasoning.

I tend to agree with what others have said on here; if you are in the public eye, don't wade in negatively on sensitive issues and don't invoke the Nazis or the Holocaust. Full stop.
She didn't "invoke" the Nazi's or the Holocaust in referring to herself and certainly not negatively. If you read what she actually said and still come away with that view then ???

..if you are in the public eye, don't wade in negatively on sensitive issues and don't invoke the Nazis or the Holocaust. Full stop.
I totally agree, so why hasn't Pedro Pascal been fired. The answer of course is that she is seen as the enemy, and she wasn't smart enough to realise that her statement could be spun to make it look like she was comparing her plight to that of the Jews.

As far as Lucasfilm is concerned, job done.

Anyway
I wonder if Mandalorian will remain a Disney+ favourite after many more of the new Star Wars and Marvel shows launch...
It depends which part of Lucasfilm launches the show. The MCU and Star Wars universes are not co-dependant so the success of one side doesn't necessarily impinge on the other. Unless of course the parent company does something stupid.

I'd imagine it's fairly safe to assume the other Star Wars shows, notably Obi's, should prove better than The Mandalorian with relative ease. Simply due to the fact, that their stars will reveal not only their facial expressions but also more of a personality and have a dialogue to work with.
Don't get me wrong, I like Mando but have always felt it suffered by and of his shrouded relative silence. Sure, it works at times but overall, not so much. As a respite though to some talkies, it'll still have a place with me.

Context. It's all about the context. And he didn't double/triple/quadruple down on his private opinions.
It's almost as if she has designs on politics - could she be the next Sarah Palin?!

It's almost as if she has designs on politics - could she be the next Sarah Palin?!
God I hope not. But Shapiro might try to push her down that path. As I have said elsewhere, all that is happening to her is likely to push her further right.

Context. It's all about the context. And he didn't double/triple/quadruple down on his private opinions.
If context is so important then why doesn't it apply here? Context only applies to one side. Strangely (or predictably) it's not even a left vs right thing anymore.

In the last couple of days a journalist was suspended without pay for discussing the context of using a racial slur. He has never used the slur and didn't indicate in any way that using it would be correct. He was just arguing that another journalist shouldn't have been fired for using the word 20 years ago in the context of trying to explain why it was wrong. This journalist is not right wing but he interviewed people that are not liked, so this was used to let him go. Sound familiar?

Even a left leaning person like myself can see what's going on here, I'm sure Stevie Wonder could too. Anyway resistance is currently futile so let's get back on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
all that is happening to her is likely to push her further right.
Further right than joining Parler, pushing QAnon bullshit and not caring about disenfranchising black voters?

Two things. Firstly I notice that when I make points that point out problems with the prevailing narrative they are usually ignored. It's happened way too many times lol. Anyway...

Further right than joining Parler, pushing QAnon bullsh*t and not caring about disenfranchising black voters?
I don't agree with extremes from either side so right wing extreme commentary is not something I want to see on any platform. But at the same time it's not just extreme comments that are being censored. So you throw out the baby with the bath water and it ends up on Parler. What does that prove?

If she pushed QAnon then she is a dope. Hundreds of people have abandoned QAnon after the election because if the predictions were true then Biden would not be president today. It's basically a failed doomsday cult. Lot's of people were taken in, many of them have left so who knows who still believes that nonsense.

How did she not care about disenfranchising black voters? I'm not saying she didn't just genuinely interested because I have not heard this before.

edit:
Let's get back on track. Any further discussion by PM please.

Quick request, I note that the Mods requested an end to the Carano talk and steered things back onto the show itself which is great.

Any chance that the Carano discussion could be moved into a separate thread in a more relevant place rather than just killing it? It's an interesting subject, even if it's not directly related to the show.

Quick request, I note that the Mods requested an end to the Carano talk and steered things back onto the show itself which is great.

Any chance that the Carano discussion could be moved into a separate thread in a more relevant place rather than just killing it? It's an interesting subject, even if it's not directly related to the show.
Yeah 100% agree. The only problem is that if it is moved, then my comments will get blocked as has already hapened. Might happen here too lol.

^ Yes please. Its a subject worth discussing, but not at the expense of a thread ban.
This is unlikely but I agree it's not worth the risk :)

Anyway I did say:
... so let's get back on topic.
So please let's get back on topic :)

How did she not care about disenfranchising black voters? I'm not saying she didn't just genuinely interested because I have not heard this before.
Everyone pushing the election fraud lie and then further pushing voter suppression measures is saying black votes don't count - whether deliberately or out of ignorance; however once they've included the latter, they know exactly what it is.

Shapiro is to her left.

Everyone pushing the election fraud lie and then further pushing voter suppression measures is saying black votes don't count - whether deliberately or out of ignorance; however once they've included the latter, they know exactly what it is.

Shapiro is to her left.
So please let's get back on topic :)
Pretty please with cherries on top ?

@krish You may not have seen my edited post earlier if you wish to continue this discussion then PM me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom