The Mandalorian Season 2 (Disney Plus) TV Show Review & Comments

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
Fantastic opening episode for S2 like watching a mini blockbuster along with the awesome aspect ratio change- IMAX style
feels like they’ve upped the ante, loved it

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Gina Carano.... Mmmmm, she's a stunner. I would like to make a sexy time. Lol
I'll check it out, loved S1

bongo123

Finished watching S1 with the kid in a big sitting but its definately a kids show, enjoyable non the less but no more deep than an episode of Peppa Pig imo

Slinkywizard

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Finished watching S1 with the kid in a big sitting but its definately a kids show, enjoyable non the less but no more deep than an episode of Peppa Pig imo

Not true, Peppa Pig is deeply misandristic and face-slappingly patronising.

It's more Ben & Holly, which is aces.

Honestly, Mandalorian is like an old serialised western TV show with fantastic effects.

And I'm totally ok with that.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Thanks Cas. I wasn't massively impressed with Season 1, but all the ingredients were there. It was a just a case of going bigger for Season 2, and that sounds like what's happening.

Plus I have my issues with Gizmo. I hope he's killed off this season :eek: *Puts flame suit on*

Only problem is I'm also retired. Retired from watching one episode a week of anything these days. I don't get out of bed unless it's all there for me to binge. Weekly episodics needs to die a death now.

This is the way.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
I plan to get stuck in this week, I've got a few weeks left on my free Disney sub that I got from O2.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Gina Carano.... Mmmmm, she's a stunner. I would like to make a sexy time. Lol
I'll check it out, loved S1

Don't mess with Gina

Michael Fassbender tried, didn't work out too well for him.

Slinkywizard

Most things other series get wrong in terms of storytelling, character development, rhythm, momentum, suspense, and delivering on their promise, you could point at The Mandalorian and say this is how to get all of those things right. It’s great family viewing, but I strongly reject the notion it’s a kids’ show.

Like Cas says. A lot more in common with old Saturday morning Western serials.

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Here we go..episode one of the new season

"i have spoken" :)

ggwoodland

Yes just watched this - pretty good. Must admit didn’t recognise Timothy O but I remember him from Deadwood days. I like the western vibe and some of the visuals for a TV show were impressive.

kingdom

Banned
How are people watching this for the best quality? The HDR10 from nvidia Shield and the sound seem MUCH better than the Dolby Vision/Atmos from the Disney app on my LG C9 - would have expected the DV to be the better image

Disney seems to be struggling a bit too - it's dropping out constantly for me

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Oliphant a nice addition. Recently performing as Deke in Fargo,season 4....

Indiana Jones

Great opening episode, this is very much the way :)

richp007

Distinguished Member
Hang on, are people telling me this has gone Western and Raylan Givens/Sheriff Bullock has turned up?! :eek:

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
How are people watching this for the best quality? The HDR10 from nvidia Shield and the sound seem MUCH better than the Dolby Vision/Atmos from the Disney app on my LG C9 - would have expected the DV to be the better image

Disney seems to be struggling a bit too - it's dropping out constantly for me
I watched it in 1080 DTS.

jamesjoc

Excellent start to the second season. Going to have to get used to this weekly episodes malarkey. It’ll never catch on ;)

jang15000

Did anyone find the first episode reminded you of the tremors movies! Well at least it's true to form western with blasters.

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
A combo of both Western and dragonslayer tropes, and those things work beautifully in the Star Wars universe.

Fantastic use of sound, my son and I were shocked hearing the
Krayt dragon
sounds coming from the rear channels.

Not all good news though:

#banthalivesmatter

Buckster666

Wow what an opener to the new season.

mazon27091

At least they cleared up, in the first episode, how a classic character was rumoured to be played by at least two actors.

Great opener I hope they keep striding forward with better and better Star Wars.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky announces huge original TV show and movie lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett