The Mandalorian (Disney Plus) Seasons 1-2

A good making of, and well worth a watch - Hamill always good value as ever, but a shame not to get any of the rest of the cast.

I do think that in the desire to get a computer-generated voice, they lost a lot of what made Hamill Hamill. Greatness aside, I thought It was a very flat vocal performance - and now I know why. If they continue with him - hopefully they'll explore new avenues now that they don't have to be so secretive.

I think that makes sense to be honest. As it says in the article the end of the last season could easily have passed as a series finale, so there's likely not much more story they want to tell. And now Gizmo could be gone for good too, so it's lost that dynamic.

Although that's exactly what I wanted the whole time :laugh:

Conversely it could quite easily go on for several more seasons with the focus shifting on Mandalore power struggles. There is a lot that of story that could be told and it would show a clear character development from loner, living by a certain code, to questioning “the way”, appreciating other ways, and fighting for a larger cause. It would essentially be a different show though, which might not sit well with some. The wider Mandalore story could still be told elsewhere, which I think it will anyway, just without Mando as the central character.

Last edited:
I think that makes sense to be honest. As it says in the article the end of the last season could easily have passed as a series finale, so there's likely not much more story they want to tell. And now Gizmo could be gone for good too, so it's lost that dynamic.

Although that's exactly what I wanted the whole time :laugh:
Personally, at the end S3 I think Mando should swoop in save Grogu from the Jedi temple, before you know who has his hissy. It can end with them going into hiding. Then the inevitable big screen feature can have force ghost Luke completing his training.

Last edited:
I think three series is fine for me. Lots of other stories to be told in the SW Universe in different shows.

Personally, at the end S3 I think Mando should swoop in save Grogu from the Jedi temple, before you know who has his hissy. It can end with them going into hiding. Then the inevitable big screen feature can have force ghost Luke completing his training.
yep - id buy into that!

Interesting idea...Grogu alive and well living on the liberated Mandalore.

Right I was thinking the attack on the original Jedi temple
The attack is about 20 years after the current timeline in the Mandalorian though - so there's a lot to get through before we reach that.

I think this next series will be the last of the Mandalorian (with the fate of the Darksabre/Mandalore at the heart of it) - then it'll shift into the Ahsoka series, which could lead towards the setting up of the Jedi temple. We'll have to see though...

Yes!!!

20210913_125442.jpg

I really need to get back into this, watched maybe 4-5 episode's of season 1 a while back, forgot most of it, unsure if I should restart or just try to pick it up from where I left off.

I really need to get back into this, watched maybe 4-5 episode's of season 1 a while back, forgot most of it, unsure if I should restart or just try to pick it up from where I left off.
I would start from the beginning, those first lot are only 30 minutes each after all.

I would say start again. I am the same, I watched a few episodes and it would be hard to pick up exactly where I left off. Luckily, the episodes are not too long.

Only watched this because of the cheap £1.99 for the month on D+, but am so glad I did!

Loved the story, the action sequences were fun and good to know that Stormtroopers still go to the same shooting school. And as for Grogu, aww cute or what?

As for the storyline for a third season, then it surely has to focus on Mandalor.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom