The Mandalorian (Disney Plus) - Season 2 (2020) - Season 3 arrives (2022)

gavinhanly

Distinguished Member
A good making of, and well worth a watch - Hamill always good value as ever, but a shame not to get any of the rest of the cast.

I do think that in the desire to get a computer-generated voice, they lost a lot of what made Hamill Hamill. Greatness aside, I thought It was a very flat vocal performance - and now I know why. If they continue with him - hopefully they'll explore new avenues now that they don't have to be so secretive.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I think that makes sense to be honest. As it says in the article the end of the last season could easily have passed as a series finale, so there's likely not much more story they want to tell. And now Gizmo could be gone for good too, so it's lost that dynamic.

Although that's exactly what I wanted the whole time :laugh:

RebelScum

Conversely it could quite easily go on for several more seasons with the focus shifting on Mandalore power struggles. There is a lot that of story that could be told and it would show a clear character development from loner, living by a certain code, to questioning “the way”, appreciating other ways, and fighting for a larger cause. It would essentially be a different show though, which might not sit well with some. The wider Mandalore story could still be told elsewhere, which I think it will anyway, just without Mando as the central character.

Last edited:
I think that makes sense to be honest. As it says in the article the end of the last season could easily have passed as a series finale, so there's likely not much more story they want to tell. And now Gizmo could be gone for good too, so it's lost that dynamic.

Although that's exactly what I wanted the whole time :laugh:
Personally, at the end S3 I think Mando should swoop in save Grogu from the Jedi temple, before you know who has his hissy. It can end with them going into hiding. Then the inevitable big screen feature can have force ghost Luke completing his training.

Last edited:

SDMDAM

I think three series is fine for me. Lots of other stories to be told in the SW Universe in different shows.

mooperman

Distinguished Member
Personally, at the end S3 I think Mando should swoop in save Grogu from the Jedi temple, before you know who has his hissy. It can end with them going into hiding. Then the inevitable big screen feature can have force ghost Luke completing his training.
yep - id buy into that!

Klippie

Interesting idea...Grogu alive and well living on the liberated Mandalore.

gavinhanly

Distinguished Member
Right I was thinking the attack on the original Jedi temple
The attack is about 20 years after the current timeline in the Mandalorian though - so there's a lot to get through before we reach that.

I think this next series will be the last of the Mandalorian (with the fate of the Darksabre/Mandalore at the heart of it) - then it'll shift into the Ahsoka series, which could lead towards the setting up of the Jedi temple. We'll have to see though...

richp007

Distinguished Member
Yes!!!

20210913_125442.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom