The Mandalorian (Disney Plus) Seasons 1-2

Loved it.

What I really like about this is, it's just a straight forward uncomplicated adventure series. Episode 4 was excellent.

Is anyone else getting a Lone Wolf and Cub vibe from this?

This weeks episode felt like an old Stargate SG1 Episode with the land on random planet, unadvanced villagers ask for help, bit of romance that cant go anywhere,leave

And it works so well!

Also those that said this is like a film and needs to be watched in 1 go were well wide of the mark

What exactly are the tracking fobs tracking?
- an inserted tracker? ... then cut it out Mando
- a specific/high
midi-chlorian count
?... please not that bullshine again

With all the tech he has on him that should not be a problem, he would have dealt with it - so I don't think there is an inserted tracker, and the fobs are tracking some detectable specific biomarker

The fobs are set to 'Cute'.

Chapter 7, which is released Wednesday 18th December will include a short teaser for Rise of Skywalker.

If there isn't something in that episode

To do with CLONES and possible uses of in the future

Then I will eat my hat.
And I like my hat.

Us Uk Star Wars fans have been completely rotted by Disney not delaying The Mandalorian until March for the whole world including the USA, haven't we?

It has been impossible to avoid spoilers, they have been absolutely everywhere. Including every national newspaper and even BBC news. I would have liked my first viewing of a certain diminutive character to have been an air-punching WTF!?! moment. Come April though, it will be just 'oh well, I already knew that.'

Now the rumours are that episode 7 will have a Rise Of Skywalker promo but also tie-in in another canon way. An episode that we won't see in the UK until April (yes I know that Disney+ launches March 31st) making it's connection to Rise Of Skywalker rather redundant.

I know that Disney would have launched in the UK in November if the Sky buyout had gone through but seeing as it fell through they have shown a bit of disregard to loyal UK Star Wars fans since. They rushed the North America launch of Disney+ to get The Mandalorian onscreen as a marketing tool for The Rise Of Skywalker. A film they were getting worried about because of the negativity surrounding The Last Jedi. But in doing so they have spoilt things for Star Wars fans this side of the Atlantic. Fans they really need to keep onside if they want it to be a success when it launches here. Because, lets be honest, The Mandalorian is the hook that early sign-up to D+ is hanged on. The rest of the initial D+ line-up is mostly films that we have all seen multiple times before and are not in a rush to se again probably. Seeing as so many people have already seen it by 'others means', that must have an impact on the early success of Disney+ UK. I don't think it will be quite the roaring success they hope for, at least until the Marvel tv series start appearing next Autumn.

Us Uk Star Wars fans have been completely rotted by Disney not delaying The Mandalorian until March for the whole world including the USA, haven't we?

It has been impossible to avoid spoilers, they have been absolutely everywhere. Including every national newspaper and even BBC news. I would have liked my first viewing of a certain diminutive character to have been an air-punching WTF!?! moment. Come April though, it will be just 'oh well, I already knew that.'

Now the rumours are that episode 7 will have a Rise Of Skywalker promo but also tie-in in another canon way. An episode that we won't see in the UK until April (yes I know that Disney+ launches March 31st) making it's connection to Rise Of Skywalker rather redundant.

I know that Disney would have launched in the UK in November if the Sky buyout had gone through but seeing as it fell through they have shown a bit of disregard to loyal UK Star Wars fans since. They rushed the North America launch of Disney+ to get The Mandalorian onscreen as a marketing tool for The Rise Of Skywalker. A film they were getting worried about because of the negativity surrounding The Last Jedi. But in doing so they have spoilt things for Star Wars fans this side of the Atlantic. Fans they really need to keep onside if they want it to be a success when it launches here. Because, lets be honest, The Mandalorian is the hook that early sign-up to D+ is hanged on. The rest of the initial D+ line-up is mostly films that we have all seen multiple times before and are not in a rush to se again probably. Seeing as so many people have already seen it by 'others means', that must have an impact on the early success of Disney+ UK. I don't think it will be quite the roaring success they hope for, at least until the Marvel tv series start appearing next Autumn.
*Other means* ?? :D:D:D

You are right but I'm afraid the answer is: "Get over it!" Or get hooked up!

Because of the internet and social media age, it's true to say big releases like The Mandalorian need to be sent out simultaneous around the globe because you can't stop people talking about them and who doesn't follow people in the US and elsewhere, who are all talking about all it glories "expected and unexpected".

So even though it is a fantastic (in my view) series so far - probably the best thing to happen to Star Wars in many years - I don't see how big the excitement will be when we get it here March/April 2020.

Regarding legalities and other means, I was remarking to a friend yesterday that I have personally now paid money to Sky (through Now TV), BT Sport and Amazon this season to watch Premier League football. We also have Netflix at home that I pay for. So when somebody contacted me with "other means" so that I could watch The Mandalorian - I felt not a shred of guilt.

With Disney+ next year, let's see how it does. If it is priced at around £5.99 a month, then for all the Star Wars and Marvel content in 4K, it may be seen a good option for families; especially for people who now don't consider buying discs a priority. The MCU people have prioritised TV shows a bit in the next phase so that could be a factor to. Mando has been so good that I would consider looking out for Obi-Wan in 4K, if we can get is here straight away.....choices, choices!

The Mandalorian has been the best lead up to a Star Wars film I can imagine and it is a shame for UK fans who don't watch it on the US schedule because they will have to leave all discussions around Star Wars online otherwise it will certainly be ruined. What they have created is so good, it instantly turned in a meme.

And you can't stop a meme!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
So tempted to put up a broth drinking meme. :D

Chapter 7, which is released Wednesday 18th December will include a short teaser for Rise of Skywalker.

If there isn't something in that episode

To do with CLONES and possible uses of in the future

Then I will eat my hat.
And I like my hat.
Do you know if this teaser is early on or right at the end of Mandalorian? I'm going to see the midnight showing of Rise of Skywalker and have avoided all teasers until now so it would be a shame to spoil it just the day before.

Do you know if this teaser is early on or right at the end of Mandalorian? I'm going to see the midnight showing of Rise of Skywalker and have avoided all teasers until now so it would be a shame to spoil it just the day before.
No idea to be honest! And the way I get Mando, not sure if I will even see it.
Can't imagine Disney will spoil ROTS on the cusp of its release though!

No idea to be honest! And the way I get Mando, not sure if I will even see it.
Can't imagine Disney will spoil ROTS on the cusp of its release though!
I'm sure it won't be anything major that spoils the movie but I just prefer not to watch any teasers/trailers at all for any movie.

What a great episode and returning to familiar territory brought a smile to my face

What a great episode and returning to familiar territory brought a smile to my face
Out of curiosity, what’s the runtime for this episode (5) ?

#5 The Gunslinger

Episode got a stronger direction its been missing, though not the most exciting...

end mystery character
rumoured the mystery character approaching AoS Ming-Na Wen's Fennec Shand's body is Giancarlo Esposito's Moff Gideon

e20a048d-e6a2-4eff-b734-5b7d9d65a323-8_huc-ff-000182_b7b56788_b3290949.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom