The Man with the Van

Arcticfox

Standard Member
Reaction score
9:00 am came and the Sky Man with his van appeared to install the HD Box. Looked at the house and came back with the news that he couldn't install on to the existing arial as it contravened his 'Health and Safety' regulations. I pointed out that the ariel had been erected by Sky, but went on to tell me of all the things he couldn't do instead of all the things he could do. I asked him if there was any point in continuing the conversation in veiw of his negative attiude, he replied 'No'. Whereupon I turned and went indoors.

What a waste of 10 weeks waiting and Sky has failed to deliver. The best part? That nice lady from Sky Customer Services who told me I could get it installed independantly from any retailer. :) :)

All I need now is recommendations for a good HD Box to accomodate a Sony HD Ready LCD TV.

Arcticfox said:
9:00 am came and the Sky Man with his van appeared to install the HD Box. Looked at the house and came back with the news that he couldn't install on to the existing arial as it contravened his 'Health and Safety' regulations. I pointed out that the ariel had been erected by Sky, but went on to tell me of all the things he couldn't do instead of all the things he could do. I asked him if there was any point in continuing the conversation in veiw of his negative attiude, he replied 'No'. Whereupon I turned and went indoors.

What a waste of 10 weeks waiting and Sky has failed to deliver. The best part? That nice lady from Sky Customer Services who told me I could get it installed independantly from any retailer. :) :)

All I need now is recommendations for a good HD Box to accomodate a Sony HD Ready LCD TV.

There's only one Sky HD box but you can have it in any colour you like, as long as it's black and silver.

try simply digital

they sent me one which includes the quad lnb for 299 + 4.95 delivery (and it only took about a week to arrive!)

email [email protected] and ask them for a hd order form

mines just arrived today, so i can't wait to get it installed :D

contraste said:
There's only one Sky HD box but you can have it in any colour you like, as long as it's black and silver.
Found this and you don't have to subscribe to Sky if you just want to see BBC :clap: :clap:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
think this only gives you the free to air channels though

Arcticfox said:
Found this and you don't have to subscribe to Sky if you just want to see BBC :clap: :clap:
A bit pricey to be able to watch one HD channel! or are there others?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
If you happen to be in North Yorkshire Danby Aerials at Pickering are brilliant.

Arcticfox said:

That isn`t good.
So much seems to depend on the actual installer. My man turned up, didnt like the idea of going onto the conservatory. So he said we`ll stick it on the roof. Phoned his mate and they were off.

Arcticfox said:

My engineer arrived and looked at the existing dish that was sited just above a lower tier of the roof (If that makes sense?). He too stated that he couldn't work with the existing dish, due to H&S issues, but pointed out a safer location where he could fit a new dish/cable/LNB etc so I was chuffed that at least my signal source for the HD box would be brand new and not captured via some 10 years old kit!

Arcticfox said:

Was this a "special heights team"? coz that what I am expecting next week for a new install on my roof, to try and avoid H an S issues should I set up a base camp for them and have all flights to Heathrow diverted whilst they are on site?

oldgits said:
Was this a "special heights team"? coz that what I am expecting next week for a new install on my roof, to try and avoid H an S issues should I set up a base camp for them and have all flights to Heathrow diverted whilst they are on site?

yep, and a Airport style emergency services team on standby :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom