1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Man Who Haunted Himself, Opinion on the end wanted.(Spoilers form the start)

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, May 31, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,004
    Can anybody else remember this film The Man Who Haunted Himself it stared Roger Moore as a guy who dies on the operating table at the very beginning of the film they then revive him and he two heart beats. He is then haunted by his darker self. I was wondering what your interpretation of the end was as it was not conclusive.
    I have an opinion but I want to see what you others think (that if you remember it).

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,004
    Without giving thoughts on my version of the end yet but:

The music his wife played to one of his mates was that a genuine piece of music or was it wrote just for the film?

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,004
    I though as the SPOILER[COLOR=F4F4FF]repressed half died he was merged with the dark half, just as they split on the operating table with the other half, as both were the flip side of the same coin (like Kirk did in Star Trek). But both were or he was wiser for the experience [/COLOR] hence the smile.

4. Rich1978

Rich1978
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Garrett,
    Yep, I have to agree. SPOILOR They must have merged at the end because a) the original Mr Pelham vanished, if there had been two bodies then I suppose it would suggest that they had been permanently split (seems logical to me). And b) at the very end on the bridge the "darker" half seems a bit confused, like he's just dropped from another planet, and that must be the two halves coming back together.

My only question is why did it happen in the first place? Maybe all that commuting to London on top of everything else finally made made him snap.