The Man Who Fell to Earth (Paramount+) Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thank you for reviewing this, I am two episodes away from the end.
It started really well, (Still laughing at the way the name Faraday was chosen) and dipped and picked up again.
Star of the show for me is Peters Clarke, plays the hybrid to a tee!

This version of The Man Who Fell to Earth is using a degree of creative license, but fortunately does have a capable actor ( Chiwetel Ejiofor) playing the main role ably supported by Naomie Harris who is as always good value in most of her roles, though Faraday's frequent staring into the camera lens may be a bit off putting for some viewers.
The title always makes me think of the 1951 film The Day the Earth Stood Still starring Michael Rennie. ''Klaatu barada niktol''.
To date I give this show 7 out of 10.

I was hoping for a remake. Don't particularly think the original film is that good, but love the idea of it.

Thanks Cas, was put off this as the orginal with Bowie is perfect for me. And didnt think it could be matched.
Your review has prompted me to give it a try, though not via paramount + ;)

Loving this show. It's a bit different but I'm captivated by it. Some strong performances from the cast. The use of music and soundtrack is great. Just finished episode 9 and can't wait for the next one.

TV.Review - Fan of Chiwetal so just using that information I wanted this to be a winner. Well, was not disappointed. Great series and it's a keeper.

They're playing the first 4 episodes over & over today on Pluto-TV's Showtime preview channel.

Obviously an homage to the man who portrayed the role the first time, with the Bowie song titles for episode names.

Loving this.

I watched the first three episodes on Paramount via Prime on Wednesday, logged back in yesterday and now it’s disappeared :rolleyes:

The Blu-ray is about 50 quid to import via Rarewaves but guess I’ll have to. Don’t mind having it in my collection, decent show.

I watched the first three episodes on Paramount via Prime on Wednesday, logged back in yesterday and now it’s disappeared :rolleyes:

Same here, we'd seen the first 3, then poof - gone :mad:

It’s not 4K, HDR Atmos so is totally Garbage. Especially for AV Enthusiasts whichbis why i am here

I really wish I had a TARDIS, so I could transport you back to the late '70s/early '80s and plonk you down in front of a 20 inch, 625 line, 4:3 TV and a pile of VHS tapes and then record your inevitable meltdown. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Then nip back up to 2023 and show it to all the lads and lasses on here, for a right old giraffe! :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom