Newsreel
Musical Short: The Gay Parisian
Two Classic Cartoons:
Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt
Meet John Doughboy
Trailers
The Maltese Falcon
Sergeant York
Satan Met a Lady (1936 previous Falcon movie adaptation)
Audio-Only Bonus: Three radio show adaptations – two featuring the movie's original stars, plus another starring Edward G. Robinson

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Commentary by Bogart biographer Eric Lax
Featurette: Discovering Treasure: The Story of The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Feature-length documentary profile: John Huston
Outtakes
Classic Cartoon: 8 Ball Bunny
Warner Night at the Movies 1948 – Short Subjects Gallery:
Newsreel
Joe McDoakes Comedy Short: So You Want to Be a Detective
Classic Cartoon: Hot Cross Bunny
Trailers:
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Key Largo
Audio-Only Bonus: Radio show adaptation featuring the movie's original stars

Blu-ray.com - Duo of Bogart Classics Announced on Blu-ray

It mentions Sergeant York as a trailer. Is this the bluray I wonder? Great film with Gary Cooper.

Key Largo is mentioned too.

Let's hope they all get released.

It mentions Sergeant York as a trailer. Is this the bluray I wonder? Great film with Gary Cooper.

Key Largo is mentioned too.

Let's hope they all get released.

Hopefully; but they're there simply because they were on the previous SD releases.

Can I be the first to ask, what's the point of buying these as they were made long before HD was ever invented?:devil::rotfl:

Seriously though, must-buys for me:smashin:

Hurrah on both accounts but particularly The Maltese Falcon. :thumbsup:

Keep the cinematic gems coming. :)

We had releases for Casablanca, African Queen, now with the announcement of these two titles that leaves just Key Largo and The Roaring Twenties left for my essential Bogart films. I wouldn't say no to Sahara and The Petrified Forest though.

...don't forget The Big Sleep, still as crisp and snappy as if it were written yesterday, and today's film-makers would (almost) kill to get hold of a script like it.

...don't forget The Big Sleep, still as crisp and snappy as if it were written yesterday, and today's film-makers would (almost) kill to get hold of a script like it.

I was *just* about to post that myself; I waited long enough for an SE DVD that never came, surely a BD cannot be far away.

I also forgot Dead End, We're no Angels and Dark Passage.

I have a feeling we'll wait a long time to see Dark Passage on Blu-Ray. Although Bogart appears to be in it all the way through, for the first hour
his face is covered by bandages
for reasons which escape me. It plays like half-hearted noir with some stiff dialogue between Bogart and co-star Lauren Bacall. Having said that, it's directed by Delmer Daves (3:10 to Yuma) and is an easy watch - just not a priority for HD viewing.

Sony has a very nice HD master of The Caine Mutiny which we should see before too long.

Doesn't the The Caine Mutiny star Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster?

I'm shocked :eek:. One of Bogey's best performances. Add me to the list of people looking forward to Sierra Madre and Maltese Falcon though.

You're thinking of the little known From Here To The Bounty (aka Mutiny on The Eternity)

The Caine Mutiny is a smashing film, and it's a shame it's so overlooked in Bogart's repertoire.

A fine performance by him, and best of all (and unusual for the time...or even today) a morally ambiguous story.

Steve W

No I was thinking of Run Silent Run Deep (1958).

So the Caine Mutiny is a gap in my knowledge will have to read up on it.

Old yellow stain.

Suprised you not seen it it shown on TV quite a lot its one I think would turn up on Ch4 mos tlikely if not BBC2 the period is set in about the 1940's and as Pecker says a morally ambiguous story José Ferrer realy turns the story on its head although I dont agree with him apart from who he classes the hero of the plot
(not Fred MacMurray the weasle):
thumbsdow

A couple of reviews are up for The Maltese Falcon :

DVD Savant

DVD Review

Both very positive, but I would expect nothing less from Warner.

Come on play, get mine sent!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom