The macabre fascination of Facebook

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
I am sure that at some point I vowed that I would go nowhere near social networking sites, making do with going to the pub and meeting real people instead. I must confess however that I have found the facebook site fascinating. Unlike myspace, facebook uses a default colour scheme which means that the retina burning assaults that are commonplace on myspace seem mercifully absent.
The most interesting bit about it is the sheer number of people concerned that can be located through it. I will concede that at the ripe old age of 26 I seem to be among the older people on there (fetch me my pipe and slippers!) but people who dropped off my radar entirely after school, university etc have turned up after a couple of minutes sniffing around. I will admit to finding the success (or indeed the lack thereof) they have experienced since I last saw them, pretty engrossing too. The best bit of course being that you can make contact, secure some regular contact details and go to a pub anyway :).
I suspect its a vice I'll retain for a while anyway.

krish

Distinguished Member
Friends Reunited have definitely missed a trick there ... think they've completely gone down the crapper since ITV aquired them

I'm on facebook too, and older than you at 35 ;), and have quite a few mates of around the same age on it too

blue73

Standard Member
I dare say that some corporation will "develope" this and ask morons..Sorry people to text in votes to see there farvourite...

Steven

Senior Moderator
Everyone at uni except me seems to be on it *shrugs*. I don't do "social sites". People have my number. I see them most days. What bothers me is they keep posting pictures that have me in them without asking me! No! I am not a camera person!

Rambling... sorry

NackNack

Banned
Everyone at uni except me seems to be on it *shrugs*. I don't do "social sites". People have my number. I see them most days. What bothers me is they keep posting pictures that have me in them without asking me! No! I am not a camera person!

Rambling... sorry

Don't be in the photo in the first place then, eh? :p

I'm on Facebook, it's like a decent version of MySpace with real names and details, which is pretty good and great for finding old schoolmates and all that.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Don't be in the photo in the first place then, eh? :p
Actually I try to. My own mother's most recent photo of me are the compulsory ones from primary school :eek: :D They catch me when I am off guard. Thankfully they don't go to the extreme of following me to the john. Yet...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom