The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (2001-2003) (4K UHD Steelbooks)

While I agree that the steelbooks don’t look steller, they’re look better than the ones I already have, They were just flat poster art. These will do nicely and they’re only a little more expensive than the regular Blu Rays.

Any reviews of the actual transfer yet?

Hard to tell about the steelbook physical quality from the pictures but I'll be disappointed if they look cheap after costing £100

Any reviews of the actual transfer yet?

Hard to tell about the steelbook physical quality from the pictures but I'll be disappointed if they look cheap after costing £100
Haven't got the steelbooks but had a flick through the extended cut or fellowship and two towers today and they are a worth upgrade.
The map in the opening sequence of fellowship looks like you could feel the bumps and imprints on it.
The colours look great and the sound is better too.

Well just to wet everyone's appetite

Gollum.jpg

The image quality of these discs are fabulous and Peter Jackson has done an incredible job. Looking forward to watching LotR when it arrives.

Looks like PJ really didnt want to dissapoint his LOTR/ Hobbit fans....going to have a week alone in a few days so i know what my nights are going to have me watching with enough volume my ears and house foundations can handle...
:thumbsup:
Monday, 30 November
12:00 AM
Package arrived at the final delivery station
Edinburgh, GB

Just got mine from zavvi, was in it's shipper box and absolutely ruined! For a £100 item why pack it this way!!

Here we go again trying to get a replacement!

Just got mine from zavvi, was in it's shipper box and absolutely ruined! For a £100 item why pack it this way!!

Here we go again trying to get a replacement!

Sorry to hear that mate. I have one coming from Zavvi too (earmarked for my Brother) with mine coming from WB. Hopefully they sort you out but, as you say, it is shocking they don't pack such an expensive (and limited) item better.

Is anyone still waiting on their WB order? Mine plus Hobbit were shipped late on Thursday. I got that but still nothing for LOTR.

I got Hobbit on Friday from WB. Still awaiting LOTR. Hopefully today

My post has been and gone today. I thought I had it but it was something else. So gutted!! Did the hobbit come with the regular post or separate? My copy went to my parents house as it is a Christmas gift.

Is anyone still waiting on their WB order? Mine plus Hobbit were shipped late on Thursday. I got that but still nothing for LOTR.

Nothing here from WB with despatch email at the same time. Too early to panic though...

It just concerns me that copies of the Hobbit arrived the next day. So why is this so far behind?

I don't know mate but it isn't that unusual to have things arrive at different times despite being sent on the same day.

Kick back, crack open a barrel of pipe weed and relax. All good things...

I don't know mate but it isn't that unusual to have things arrive at different times despite being sent on the same day.

Kick back, crack open a barrel of pipe weed and relax. All good things...
Yeah I suppose. Shame I’m out of pipe weed.

How is everyone finding the quality of the steelbook? I know some had issues. Mine hasn't turned up yet to judge

Mines getting sent back! Got the 20% goodwill gesture first. For an item that's £100 you want it in mint condition. Very bad sending it out in the shipper box, no packing at all. Got the hobbit one on the way too so I guess that's been sent out the same way and will be going back too.

Anyone else had theres from zavvi?

Mines getting sent back! Got the 20% goodwill gesture first. For an item that's £100 you want it in mint condition. Very bad sending it out in the shipper box, no packing at all. Got the hobbit one on the way too so I guess that's been sent out the same way and will be going back too.

Anyone else had theres from zavvi?

The outer tin is flimsy and thin. Holding the sides makes it flex.. Like the safety popper on a glass jar but much thinner.

Seen much better quality steelbooks ...

My amazon steels of hobbit and lotr just arrived and a small dent on lotr.

Don't think I can ever expect amazon to get this back in stock?

Mine arrived from zavvi today tightly packed into a box. Luckily it’s mint condition

my WB order came on Saturday, it arrived in mint condition. The box was large with minimal bubble wraps inside so I was very surprised it wasn't damaged in transit.
Zavvi order turned up today in a box that is exactly the same size as the steelbook...no cushion whatsoever, there are minor dents in a couple of places. I will be returning it to them for refund as I ordered two to make sure I get at least one damage-free.

Is anyone going to be getting more stock?

Amazon will probably offer money back... If so il request at least for the price to matched to the standard version....

Is anyone going to be getting more stock?

Amazon will probably offer money back... If so il request at least for the price to matched to the standard version....

Amazon actually had stock of it for a few hours this morning / early afternoon.
Whether that was just release day cancellations I don’t know, but you may get lucky at some point.

Mine arrived from Amazon earlier. I had it set up as a gift order so it was reasonably packaged and arrived undamaged, The steenbook is okay, nothing special. My main complaint is the outer tin is unnecessarily large. I was hoping this the Hobbit steelbook would take up less space on the shelf than by Hobbit and LOTR theatrical and extended Blu Rays but the steelbooks take up more room. I've had a skim through the 3 LOTRs and am very impressed by the picture and sound.

Mine arrived from Amazon earlier. I had it set up as a gift order so it was reasonably packaged and arrived undamaged, The steenbook is okay, nothing special. My main complaint is the outer tin is unnecessarily large. I was hoping this the Hobbit steelbook would take up less space on the shelf than by Hobbit and LOTR theatrical and extended Blu Rays but the steelbooks take up more room. I've had a skim through the 3 LOTRs and am very impressed by the picture and sound.
Just sack the outer packaging off. That’s what I always do for these sets.

Turns out mine has a couple of dents under the amaray aswell.

Managed to get £25 back...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom