The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (2001-2003) (4K UHD Steelbooks)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - WB Shop UK - Zavvi

Release date: 30/11/2020 (Re-release: 23/01/2023)

Includes Theatrical and Extended cuts. 4K UHD discs only
TLOTR_steels.jpg

This three-film SteelBook set includes:

• The Lord of the Rings Theatrical and Extended Edition trilogy on stunning 4K Ultra HD:
  • The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King
  • Across 9 Discs
  • Three individual SteelBooks showcasing unique artwork, housed in a premium SteelBook case
  • Each SteelBook and SteelBook case uses a matte finish

Attachments

• TLOTR.jpg
    TLOTR.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
That graphic looks a bit Zavvi. Do we expect this to be available across all retailers; Amazon.co.uk, HMV, WB Shop UK?

European RRP is €109,99. So, £99 in the UK?

Last edited:
That graphic looks a bit Zavvi. Do we expect this to be available across all retailers; Amazon.co.uk, HMV, WB Shop UK?

European RRP is €109,99. So, £99 in the UK?

I'd expect it will be across all retailers, particularly with the studios gaining next to no money from cinemas, they'd probably want to maximize sales for popular release like this

Release date seems to be 1st December in US.

Martin

Release date seems to be 1st December in US.

Martin

id prefer buying the uk versions if possible just to avoid delays and also the increase in postal traffic near christmas. so im hoping we get nice fancy versions for those that want it too

Yes I am hoping we get it before Christmas too. Won't go down well if the US get it and we don't

I am sure Warner bros UK had these on a banner on the home page a few mins ago..not there now ! I am sure it mentioned steelbooks...!! I sold the LOTR extended blu ray box set recently on the basis I would trade up to the 4K. The films are family favourites, perfect for Xmas day. Or Oldboy 4K, which they have not seen..my kids are adults ! Choices choices.

This site seems to think we are getting it 1st December too 🤞

I am sure Warner bros UK had these on a banner on the home page a few mins ago..not there now ! I am sure it mentioned steelbooks...!! I sold the LOTR extended blu ray box set recently on the basis I would trade up to the 4K. The films are family favourites, perfect for Xmas day. Or Oldboy 4K, which they have not seen..my kids are adults ! Choices choices.

strange there not on the WB offical website yet, ive already got game of thrones 4k ordered with them.

I up for these - hopefully not a Zavvi release.

I see folks mentioning a Warner Bros web site for purchases - please can you supply a link for this site?

With Back to the Future trilogy coming soon and now this - Q4 is shaping up to be a nice time to be a film collector.

I up for these - hopefully not a Zavvi release.

I see folks mentioning a Warner Bros web site for purchases - please can you supply a link for this site?

With Back to the Future trilogy coming soon and now this - Q4 is shaping up to be a nice time to be a film collector.

Yes - knew my eyes were not deceiving me....thank you for the update.

OMG - they have taken it down again. The steelbook is there at £99.99 though when I searched. Teasing us.

It will be interesting to see how this looks. The bluray made some of the composite effects quite obvious in fellowship of the ring compared to the DVD. The part where they are walking through the top a mountain ridge as one of the more stand out examples. I would imagine 4k would make this even more obvious unless they have revisited the blending in.

Free set of art cards featuring better artwork. ;)

I do like box set concept, but after watching people struggle to remove the ones at the end I think they could have done with having some cut-outs in the foam.

Got a new profile set up on my mums email for these to get that sweet 10% off.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom