The Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit Trilogies 4K UHD

DrH

I thought the LOTR UHD is so underwhelming.

It looks like IMO a cleaned up Bluray. The native resolution of 4K sometimes shows off some good detail but a lot of the time, its pretty sharp then pretty soft.

I think the DNR is obviously reason for that and I don't mind it too much.

What is a bit more surprising is the HDR. I feel like most scenes are HDR-less.. in terms of impact and colour gamut. It subtle for sure.

The colour grading & jump up resolution is what makes these editions so amazing IMO.

I would take this without the DNR and HDR and just the colour grade and resolution bump as I don't mind grain if we get more detail.

The sound is amazing obv
Hi trying to send you a PM but your inbox is full
Thanks
DrH

UMAR 3:16

lee1980

I just got email to order pre order limited stock for 31 March £99.99, looks same as previous steel books

I just got email to order pre order limited stock for 31 March £99.99, looks same as previous steel books
So did I but when you click it, says it’s sold out

lee1980

So did I but when you click it, says it’s sold out
Was for preorder when email came but must not have had many, i got mine before xmas did you get yours sure you were waiting for at same time?

Was for preorder when email came but must not have had many, i got mine before xmas did you get yours sure you were waiting for at same time?
Yep!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom