The Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit Trilogies 4K UHD

Moving to 4K from Blu-ray I always told myself that if I had a steel or special edition on blu then I would just buy the standard amaray. Having both for LOTR and The Hobbit then I think I need to follow my own advice.

Just after the 4K discs.
But at £75 for 3 that is still a lot for each.

dont forget its 9 discs for 3 films and 2 versions of the film , throw in the 10 percent off code brings it down to £67.50 (so £7.50 a disk) so looking at it like that, eases the pain a little ;)

I'm assuming the Ultimate Collectors Edition with new bonus content, will be the same 4k set available today + the remastered LotR Blu-ray discs which will also be available in summer 2021
So maybe the remastered Blus will feature the new bonus content?

The Blu-rays will already be full to bursting just containing the films but I am sure the set will include a number of discs housing all the old extras along with brand new content.

There will be a lot of discs to house so I doubt it will be a steelbook. Even if it was, it would have to be those horrible stacked hubs.
I don’t mind the stacked hubs, but they can only hold a max of 6 discs, and I’m led to believe this is going to be more if they include both versions of the film etc.

Last edited:
The Blu-rays will already be full to bursting just containing the films but I am sure the set will include a number of discs housing all the old extras along with brand new content.

all we need now are the 4k versions of your films Doctor Jones :D

Can’t find LOTR 4K on WB site. Found the hobbit but not LOTR standard version

What’s the word on the NEWER special edition coming next year?? I know it’ll have the Blu Rays and Special Features but are they likely to do steelbooks of these? I don’t know whether to buy them now or wait till next year. Ideally I’d like the Blu Ray discs too but not too fussed about the special features. Anyone know more on the next release?

Wanted to answer this but damn crystal ball is broken again! :p:laugh:

Received my WB email confirmation

Wanted to answer this but damn crystal ball is broken again! :p:laugh:

You are not having mine

palantir2.jpg

Just ordered the Steelbook edition from Amazon UK. :D They don't seem to have a supply issue - yet.

Ive put my order in with zavvi £76 with delivery
Normal editions, not bothered about steelbooks

Hmm so tempted to order this morning🤔, but got too many preorders ongoing at the moment, Zavvis Star Wars Steels, plus Amazon Ultimate BTTF Trilogy. Never mind my PS5 preorder as well.

Think I'm going to wait for the Ultimate Collectors Edition summer of 2021.

I think amazon Italy still has stock, but that's your lot atm. No doubt all will have stock again closer to/after release though.

If there’s more stock to come it’s not too bad- I’d assumed it was limited numbers and they were all sold out.

If there’s more stock to come it’s not too bad- I’d assumed it was limited numbers and they were all sold out.
Well it's always technically limited stock with steels isn't it. Nothing "official", but you always get cancellations and extra stock upon release. Especially with bloody zavvi.

Well it's always technically limited stock with steels isn't it. Nothing "official", but you always get cancellations and extra stock upon release. Especially with bloody zavvi.

Is there any retailer that can email you when stock becomes available?

Is there any retailer that can email you when stock becomes available?
Both zavvi and hmv have an option to do that bud. Amazon too possibly if you add it one of your account lists.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom