The Long Road - My AV setup from start to finish

Jesus - this gets better and better

Looking great mate, well done.

You certainly have me thinking of upgrading my standard desktop PC that has media centre on it,but its in my rack. But Im thinking of going the whole hog and building a new one - especially looking at how classly that case looks!!!

Really looks very,very well!!

Yea I agree with Max - it just keeps getting better ! It's obvious you show great pride with your setup, and quite rightly so. Everything looks like it's given the TLC treatment.:thumbsup:

Thank you all very much for your kind words, it does mean a lot, especially when your set-ups are so good :smashin:

Max i would recommend the HTPC, one of the best things i;ve added to my set up. Right now im nice and comfy spread out on my bed listening to some great music......mmmm relaxing lol :thumbsup:

Thanks again

Looking really good there,

Hope to achieve something similar myself. What lights did you use behind the units?

Are you pleased with the PS3? Did you go for the 60gb or 40?

cheers brooke

the lights behind the units are just standard bed side table style lights that i had no real use for anymore so added them to the set up i think they work quite well, there hooked up to a wireless plug and remote system which allows me to turn the lights off from the other side of the room without having to reatch behind the unit to find the switches.

The PS3 is the 60gb version, tbo it mainly gets used as a Blu-ray player (which is what i wanted it for) im not really a gamer but do have fall of man and F1 which provide a bit of fun when im really bored. the best game i have played on it is Call of duty 4, a must buy (which i really must buy myself lol) its also great as a media centre (obv i dont use it as one since getting the HTPC) im very happy with the PQ of the PS3 also and its a big plus being duel-format!

The PS3 is the 60gb version, tbo it mainly gets used as a Blu-ray player (which is what i wanted it for) im not really a gamer but do have fall of man and F1 which provide a bit of fun when im really bored. the best game i have played on it is Call of duty 4, a must buy (which i really must buy myself lol) its also great as a media centre (obv i dont use it as one since getting the HTPC) im very happy with the PQ of the PS3 also and its a big plus being duel-format!

Yeah the blu ray is really what appeals to me, the 40gb seems to be really only what i need.. Oh jeez another toy on the list :rolleyes::D

Oh i forgot to say, completely agree about cod4. I have it on the 360 and it really is good.

Yeah the blu ray is really what appeals to me, the 40gb seems to be really only what i need.. Oh jeez another toy on the list :rolleyes::D

haha tell me about it, my list just keeps growing the more i buy. theres always something else i just have to have! i dont think i'll be happy till i own a cinema lol i wonder if theres any cineworld's up for sale :rolleyes: :rotfl:

theres some great deals on the 40gb PS3, go for it.......you know you want to :devil:

wow that looks great!!

I was wondering where you bought those new unit(s)
(if IKEA than whats the IKEA name?)

I have the same TV and this combo looks very nice :thumbsup:

Love the setup! It'll be even better once you've got the speakers and the amp sorted out!

Aren't you worried about the start bar and other bits on the HTPC burning into your Plasma? Like the background and stuff?

wow that looks great!!

I was wondering where you bought those new unit(s)
(if IKEA than whats the IKEA name?)

I have the same TV and this combo looks very nice :thumbsup:

cheers. The units are indeed from Ikea the name is BESTA

Love the setup! It'll be even better once you've got the speakers and the amp sorted out!

that will be the icing on the cake tbh. unfortunately i have gone and got the 'i wants' for a new car so i think the spending on the AV stuff will have to take a back seat.

Aren't you worried about the start bar and other bits on the HTPC burning into your Plasma? Like the background and stuff?

i was at first but i have not seen anything so far. its only really like playing a game for a few hours, theres always a chance something could stay on the screen but these modern units there pretty good imo.

Nice Clerks Poster - Beserker!!

:rotfl: cheers, i want to get a signed clerks 2 poster as well but don't really have any where to put it :( oh well one day

Nice setup mate, the PS50Q97HDX is one fine looking tv

steve

hi fellow Welshman.

Have you set up your wireless internet connection yet? cause I was going to suggest homeplugs, which I have now. I used to have wireless and I had lots of problems with it, dropping connection a lot.

hey, i did have a wireless connection when my computer was in the second bedroom, but now i have the HTPC its all wired again. i have to say that i never had any problems with the connection (using a netgear router but then again i was only in the next room!

Nice setup mate, the PS50Q97HDX is one fine looking tv

steve

cheers it certainly is :thumbsup:

[mod comment] - I have just deleted 3 posts which had completely inappropriate language for a family based forum, please be careful.

just the smallest of updates, have finally got around to hiding all the cables by inserting the units backboards

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

Looking good SG, Like the lights behind the cabinet, really sets it off..... You got me thinking of a media PC now, just have to see how many pennies i've got spare.

Mick.

Love the effect with the lights

:thumbsup:

Looking good SG, Like the lights behind the cabinet, really sets it off..... You got me thinking of a media PC now, just have to see how many pennies i've got spare.

Mick.

thanks, the media pc is a great addition to any setup, plus if you build it yourself you can save quite a bit of money and spread the cost over a few months.

Love the effect with the lights

:thumbsup:

Cheers, the lights are very relaxing at night!

Looking great mate - really great!!!!!

The cabinet looks really clean and tidy and that Media Centre PC looks the business (jealous of that - love it)

Well done.

thanks very much! did you ever get your media PC built (think it was you that said you wanted to build one??

Nice :smashin:

Looks great SG, the lights do the trick. Any future plans or are you just enjoying what you have for now?

And I just have to get myself a set of those bookends. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom