The Long Firm

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,851
    Is anyone watching this excellent series about gangster Harry Starks played superbly by Mark Strong? But unlike the American series of runs of 26 episodes this is a run of 4 and looks to be the last ever.

Tonight’s BBC2 episode is really gruesome :eek: as I saw the episode on BBC4 last week.

2. Brianjhussey

Brianjhussey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Garrett,
    Stumbled across the second episode by accident and was immediately hooked. Superb performance by Mark Strong, and main guest 'stars' each week.
    I was inspired to research Joe Meek and was surprised to learn that the 'Body in a Suitcase' storyline had some basis in fact.
    Saw the final instalment on BBC4 last night and it really does call for a second series.
    I saw the sequel novel on sale in Tesco's recently, dealing with Harry in the 90s.

Brian.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,851
    Hi Brain, do you recall the name of the second book with Harry Stark I may get round to reading it.
    I found Harry very enigmatic; sort of likeable but deadly at the same time. :eek:
    I too thought there was a lot of name dropping of actual person or had actors in the drama that were real characters in life.
    As you say definitely calls for a second series it has been the best bit of British drama on TV for ages.

Oh and I watched both last weeks BBC4 episode on BBC2 then switched over to BBC4 and watched the final one.

4. Brianjhussey

Brianjhussey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Garrett,
    It's called 'truecrime' (one word and lower case) by Jake Arnott.
    Looks like a good summer holiday read.

Brian.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,851
    Thanks I had gone over to Amazon to have a look and found this on ‘truecrime’: Having read Jake Arnott's first two books, and enjoyed them both, it was inevitable that I'd buy the third book in the Harry Starks trilogy.
    But it looks as though the guy has got it wrong as I can find no mention on ‘arry’ in He Kills Cops which is Jake Arnott second book.
    Cheers I will have to look out for truecrime this weekend although I have a pile of bookes to get though beforehand.

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,599