the little audio company, birmingham

Discussion in 'Advertiser Exclusive Offers' started by the little audio company, Oct 14, 2017.

1. the little audio company

the little audio company
    Previously davidf AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +677
    They’re quite similar in many ways, and when I say similar, I’m referring to the benefits of their design. Whilst the Amphions aren’t quite point source like the UniQ design, they are point source down to 1600Hz, which is where the mid/bass driver takes over in the Argon range - still lower than most speaker manufacturers. Because of the HF unit using a large waveguide, bit the Amphion and KEFs tend to behave very well in many different types of room. They don’t tend to excite the first reflection points like many other speakers do, so reduces (or even negates) the need for EQ, particularly higher up the range. Imaging and focus is a strong point of both manufacturers.

The overall tonal balance isn’t too different, as both manufacturers use metal drivers - the KEFs don’t really sound like an all metal driver speaker, and the Amphions even less so, maybe because they use titanium for the HF unit.

I’ve had the Argon 0 model at home in my own (currently 2.0 AV system) and they sounded great - I just placed them where my existing speakers are and away they went (I don’t use EQ), they just worked and didn’t produce any boom issues. My room is a bit more damped than most, so like the KEFs in my room, I tend to add a slight treble lift to keep things exciting, but in a normal room this isn’t needed.

If I was only selling one of these manufacturers, I’d be stating a few negative points of the ones I don’t keep (only natural :)), but as I keep both, I’m hardly going to pitch them against each other :)

The Amphions are a little easier on the amplifier being an 8ohm load, so better suited for those who want R Series quality but don’t or can’t have a suitable amplifier to do them justice. I’d still treat them like R Series though as they’re revealing of the source - their speakers are derivatives of (passive) studio monitors after all!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  2. the little audio company

the little audio company

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +677
    monitor audio studio loudspeakers

the little audio company is pleased to announce we now have the Monitor Audio Studio loudspeakers on permanent demonstration. This is a stand alone model which has been designed using technology from Monitor Audio's flagship Platinum range, and has a more limited distribution compared to their speaker ranges, aimed more at independents. As such, the little audio company will be THE retailer for Birmingham city centre to hear this fantastic sound little loudspeaker (they're smaller than they look!)

The model uses two 4" mid/bass drivers that are modified versions of those from the £15,000 Platinum 500 model, and a "Micro Pleated Diaphragm" HF unit. Read more about the model here.

[​IMG]
    Monitor Audio Studio loudspeakers
    by david falkner, on Flickr​

3. the little audio company

the little audio company

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +677
  4. the little audio company

the little audio company

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +677
    Just an example of just how compact a high quality hi-fi system can be.

The British designed and built Ophidian Minimo speakers sound way bigger than they have any right to, with surprisingly deep bass for only 90mm bass drivers! They do a great job of filling pretty large rooms as well as small, and the great thing is they can be used close to walls too. Beautifully balanced.

The Bluesound PowerNode offers a cool running 60wpc, numerous music streaming services like Napster, Spotify, Qobuz, and TIDAL, including full MQA playback from heir Masters catalogue.

Stream music from anywhere on your network. Stream music from online music services. Stream music from your phone or tablet via aptX Bluetooth. Listen to internet radio. Or even plug in an external analogue or digital source and listen.

Add other Bluesound products to create a whole house multi-room system too.

https://www.thelittleaudio.company/compact-hifi-and-audio-systems

FC172BE9-DC31-43A5-AECD-3CC2D96EFF81.jpeg